Deputy Care Home Manager ( RGN or RMN )
- Location: Upton-Upon-Severn, Worcestershire
- Salary: £43,600 per annum
- Hours: Full Time
- Shifts: Day Shifts
- Contract type: Permanent
I am currently looking for an experience nurse that is currently in management or looking for career progression. I have a Deputy Managers post available to work with in a beautiful care home. The home is located in Upton, Worcestershire, just 10 minutes' drive from Malvern.
As the Deputy Manager you will be a committed member of the Management Team within the Home and support the Home Manager specifically taking the lead responsibility for Dementia, GSF, and staff training.
In the absence of the Home Manager, you will be expected to maintain the general day-to-day running of the Home, working alongside the Administration Manager and Housekeeper. You will be expected to provide continuity of care, laid down by the procedures operating within the Home, and be available to offer support and advice to all other members of staff, residents and relatives.
Skills and Knowledge Needed:
- An ability to implement the company's preferred working practices.
- An understanding and empathy with the older person with Mental Health and Nursing needs.
- Worked within a Care Home setting for a Minimum of 2 years.
- Knowledge of Care Quality Commission (CQC) Guidelines.
- Gold Standard Framework for end of life Care
- Knowledge of Dementia Strategy and Dementia mapping is desired but not essential
What you will be doing:
- To take responsibility for the work performance of health care staff in the delivery of residents care
- To liaise with the Home Manager to discuss client care and organise escort duties as necessary
- To ensure that all monthly audits and regular reviews of care plans are undertaken and that any items of variation should be brought to the attention of the Home Manager
- Support the Home Manager to maintain the full occupancy of the home.
- To take the lead Management Role in the absence of the Home Manager
- To undertake the Senior Care staff supervisions and development appraisals and report back to the Home Manager of any issues that need addressing.
- To participate in monthly care Audits for High Care Needs, Must, Pressure wounds
Employee Benefits include:
- Enhancements for working in excess of contracted hours
- Discretionary quarterly bonus
- 5.6 weeks annual holiday
- Induction training and on-going support
- Uniform provided
- Meals on duty
- Free Parking
- Help with DBS
Other Benefits available