Do you want to work for an organisation where you are encouraged to reach your potential, where you have access to the latest technologies and have the chance to develop in a world class environment? If so, we have a fantastic opportunity for a Deputy Theatre Manager to join our team in our state of the art hospital here in the heart of Kent.
So if you are a registered Senior ODP experienced in scrub and anaesthetics, have the organisational skills to co-ordinate 5 operating theatres as well as management skills, then this could be a fantastic opportunity to enhance your career development.
Your responsibilities will include:
* Co-ordinating the clinical and operational management of the Operating Theatres ensuring best possible efficiency and use of resources
* Assisting the Theatre Manager with other Departmental Leads and Divisional Directors to optimise consultant's sessional allocations and use
* You will be responsible for the delivery of excellent customer care, ensuring consistently high standards of patient experience
* You will provide clinical assistance in a wide range of surgical specialities including; Orthopaedic, General, Plastic, Gynaecology, Urology and Cardiac surgery
* Liaising with consultant medical staff and other clinicians in the provision of the service, developing working relationships and recognising changing needs
* You will need to keep your practical skills up to date, scrubbing in for all specialities in order to demonstrate your skills to our surgeons.
To be successful in this role you will be absolutely patient focussed, with a desire and proven ability to lead others to deliver healthcare at its best. A strong clinical co-ordinator who is able to gain the trust and support of their Team, lead and implement change and engage with stakeholders at all levels. You will also:
* Be a Registered Practitioner (RN or ODP)
* Have post-registration clinical experience as a senior theatre practitioner in an acute hospital (NHS or independent)
* Possess experience of supervising staff and scheduling operating lists
* Be able to demonstrate experience of planning, organising and running the daily work load in a theatre suite
* Have knowledge of clinical governance and its application.
If this sounds like the vacancy for you, then go ahead, please apply