BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in our 58 hospitals in the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s Beardwood Hospital in Blackburn has a vacancy for a Deputy Theatre Manager to join their team of staff within the Department.
This post is for hours per week
Applicants should have the following:
- Registered Practitioner with NMC or HPC registration
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to support and lead a department.
- Evidence of success in working in partnership with Consultants to explore and challenge existing practices while maintaining and enhancing the existing services and standards
- Experience of applying clinical reasoning skills across a range and varied patient case mix and competent across a range of skills
- Experience of Clinical Governance and enforcing requirements
- An appreciation of the need to balance the provision of quality care while maintaining a business focus
- Previous experience as a Senior Registered Practitioner or equivalent.
- Management qualification (desirable)
- ILS/ALS (desirable)
Duties of this role include:
- Regularly coordinate the management and organisation of care provision within the Operating Department while assisting the Theatre Manager in the management of the theatre team
- Provide quality planned care for patients during their peri operative phase of care by ensuring all team members deliver quality patient care by providing appropriate clinical and managerial leadership throughout the department.
- Deputise for the Theatre Manager.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Being the UK’s largest private healthcare provider, BMI Healthcare is able to offer staff excellent training support and progression potential, making this an excellent place to work.