Due to expansion at Peninsula Treatment Centre and the addition of a third theatre and a two suite endoscopy unit; we are currently looking for a registered nurse to join our dedicated team as a deputy ward manager.
Peninsula NHS Treatment Centre in Plymouth offers high quality elective surgery for the local populations of Devon & Cornwall. We specialise in hip and knee joint replacements, shoulder repair, hand and elbow surgery, foot surgery and minor Orthopaedic procedures. We also deliver Ophthalmology, General and ENT surgery.
Our centre offers an expanding service in a friendly environment that is calm and the staff dedicated and professional. Our facilities are state-of-the-art with a mixture of theatres, treatment rooms and an endoscopy suite. With us, you will be able to focus on what really matters; delivering a high standard of patient care. You will also be able to benefit from our fully supported training programmes, on site café and free parking.
Ward & Day Surgery Manager
As the Deputy Ward Manager you will be responsible for managing the ward to ensure co-ordination and delivery of all work activities with area of responsibility during that time.
You will be expected to deliver high quality patient focused care through the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of care.
Key duties will include:
• Formulating and delivering a collaborative programme of patient care which is clinically effective, evidence based and appropriate
• Supervising and supporting junior/support staff in the delivery of care, providing education, training and mentorship to meet developmental needs
• Participating as a key member of the hospital management team including devising and participating in the on call rota
To be successful in this role you will have:
• Extensive post registration surgical experience in a variety of surgical specialities
• The ability to maintain and enhance effective working relationships
• The ability to manage a team and plan their work effectively
• The ability to teach/train nursing staff
• The ability to monitor and control resources
• NMC Registered Nurse Part 1
• A qualification in teaching and assessment
• Immediate Life support (ILS)
For more information about the centre, please visit http://www.peninsulatreatmentcentre.nhs.uk/
Please note that offers of employment are subject to receipt of satisfactory references and a DBS check.
At Care UK, we actively promote diversity and equal opportunities.