- Team player
- Good communication skills
- Satisfactory Police Check and check against the POVA List (where applicable)
- NVQ Level 1 / 2 Cleaning and Support Services
- Knowledge of infection and hygiene procedures, health and safety and COSHH regulations
- Understanding of colour coding
As a Domestic Assistant you are required to maintain the highest levels of cleanliness in bedrooms and public areas within the Home. Your duties and responsibilities will include:
Ensuring sections of bedrooms, corridor and public areas are kept clean and tidy to the required standard.
- Emptying waste bins and wiping out.
- Vacuuming throughout and mopping.
- Cleaning dining rooms / lounges / lavatories.
- Spot cleaning all floorings.
Polishing all mirrors.
- Cleaning all pipe-work in lavatories.
- Dusting handrails and radiators.
- Moving all mobile furniture (including beds and chairs) and vacuuming and dusting beneath / behind.
- Washing out metal wastepaper bins.
- Dusting and polishing furniture and windowsills.
- Washing lino floors.
- Shampooing carpets as requested by Home Manager.
- Dusting pictures.
- Dusting curtain rails.
- Dusting light bulbs and fittings.
- Restocking toiletries, soaps, towels etc. as and when required.
- Efficient and economical use of supplies provided.
- Assisting with Linen Room duties when requested.
- Keeping storage areas clean and tidy and stocked up at all times.
- Participating in Staff and Client meetings as required.
- Informing the Housekeeper of any special cleaning requests e.g. soiled bedspreads.
Training & Development:
- Attending mandatory training days / courses, on or off site, as and when required.
- Maintaining professional knowledge and competence.
Health & Safety:
- Adhere to the Home’s Disposal of Waste policy.
- Making certain that chemicals / equipment are used and stored correctly and safety procedures adhered to at all times.
- Reporting immediately to the Home Manager, or Person in Charge, any illness of an infectious nature or accident incurred by a Client, colleague, self or another.
- Understanding and ensuring the implementation of the Home’s Health and Safety, Infection Control and Hygiene policies, and Emergency and Fire procedures.
- Reporting to the Home Manager, or the Handyperson, any faulty appliances, damaged furniture, equipment or any potential hazard.
- Promoting safe working practice in the Home.