This role is to enable individuals we support to access facilities by providing transport which meets their needs. This position will require you to be insured on, and drive a specially adapted vehicle so it is essential that you have held a full UK/European licence for a minimum of 12 months. A range of part time and casual contracts are available. All of our staff receive training tailored to the needs of the people they support.
We are looking for friendly, caring, reliable and conscientious individuals who want to make a real difference to the lives of the people we support. You'll join the team working on a rota that includes early, late, weekend, night and Bank Holiday shifts.
Your role will involve:
- To undertake driving duties including driving people we support and their support worker to activities, appointments, outings, day trips and holidays. Collecting and delivery of general items to ensure the smooth running of activities and homes.
- Taking due care and attention of the vehicle, keeping it clean and polished internally and externally
- Giving utmost attention to the people we supports' safety by ensuring that all passengers are restrained appropriately and safely.
- Taking general care to avoid damage to the vehicle by driving safely
- Recording all journeys, mileage, purpose of use, times, driver, person we support and staff conveyed.
- Undertaking basic maintenance on the Company vehicle, including refuelling, checking tyres, water and oil on a weekly basis to ensure that the vehicle is safe for use and complies with all legal requirements.
Benefits: Life assurance, Access to Childcare vouchers, Opportunities for career development, Paid training, Industry recognised qualifications, Fully funded DBS/PVG and Guaranteed hours.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a motivated and determined team. So make a great career move.
Click Apply to complete our one page application………All applications & CV's received are reviewed on a daily basis.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the people we support. All successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS/PVG check and Regulated Activity which will include a check against the Barred adult list.
* Some of our roles require male or female employees only, where this is indicated it is a genuine occupational requirement, in accordance with the Equality Act 2010