We have an exciting opportunity for an Endoscopy Nurse to join our multidisciplinary team at Shepton Mallet NHS Treatment Centre.
We only treat NHS patients and we’re focused on providing the best possible, personalised care to the people of Somerset. We believe in treating you as quickly as possible – helping you to get better, faster.
We offer a range of treatments and also provide diagnostic services, using the latest MRI, ultrasound and plain film x-ray technology.
As an Endoscopy Nurse at Shepton Mallet, you will be expected to actively participate in and maintain the highest standard of care and safety for patients, visitors and staff in the Endoscopy department.
Key duties will include:
• Maintaining accurate clinical observation of the patient’s clinical condition
• Assisting in ensuring that the department is at all times clean and organised with sufficient supplies and equipment which are correctly cleaned, in working order and correctly stored
• Being competent in all aspects of Endoscopy technique and procedures
• Monitoring endoscopy procedures with regards to checking of instruments and equipment
• Running endoscopy lists both efficiently and competently following policies and procedures
Skills & Experience
To be successful in this role you will have:
• Recent clinical experience in endoscopy
• NMC registered Nurse
• Specialist endoscopy training e.g. ENB A87/N81/DO3 or equivalent
Please note that offers of employment are subject to receipt of satisfactory references and a DBS check.
At Care UK, we actively promote diversity and equal opportunities.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs (https://www.safer-jobs.com), a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.