Hours: Part time hours (30 per week)
Contract Type: Permanent
Further Details: We are currently looking for a highly motivated, passionate and experienced Endoscopy Nurses to join a really friendly and welcoming theatre team at a reputable private hospital in Swansea. The hospital is bright, warm and welcoming and is set in a beautiful location. They pride themselves on delivering the highest level of healthcare to their patients and continually strive to find new ways to improve upon this.The Hospital performs a wide variety of surgical procedures including: general surgery, breast surgery, ENT, cosmetic surgery, orthopadics ,neuro surgery and of course endoscopy.The service enjoys a fantastic reputation and has been ranked as one of the top performing hospitals in Wales. The hospital is in a central location and is easily accessible via public transport links around Swansea.
What you'll be doing:
- As Endoscopy Nurse you will have responsibility, with your endoscopy nurse colleagues, for the day-to-day organisation, management and development of Endoscopy and Health Screening.
- As Endoscopy Nurse you will have specific responsibility for attendance at Clinical Governance meetings and personnel issues e.g. staff rostering.
- As Endoscopy Nurse you will provide clinical advice and support for outpatients department, if needed.
- As Endoscopy Nurse you will take responsibility for Endoscopy bookings, patient preparations and the care of patients prior to, during and post procedure.
- As Endoscopy Nurse you will take responsibility for the preparation and testing of the Automated Endoscope Reprocessing machine, the reprocessing of all equipment and demonstrate knowledge of Health & Safety and Decontamination requirements relevant to reprocessing.
- As Endoscopy Nurse you will maintain an Endoscopy Register and ensure that all data is entered into the computer.
- As Endoscopy Nurse you will share responsibility, with endoscopy nurse colleagues, for the staffing of Endoscopy and Health Screening Services.
What you'll need:
- As Endoscopy Nurse you will be NMC registered
- As Endoscopy Nurse you will have previous endoscopy experience
- As Endoscopy Nurse you will have the ability to work in a physically demanding department
- As Endoscopy Nurse you will have the ability to work under pressure
Key employee benefits:
- 24 minimum holiday PLUS bank holidays PLUS travel time for overseas staff
- Employee Assistance Programme - support available on a wide range of personal and work issues
- Quality working environment
- Long service recognition
- Supportive personal development plan to help you achieve your career goals
For more information and or to apply please call Jessica Osborne on 01489 774202 and or email email@example.com
This location is commutable from: Neath, Swansea, St Thomas and Uplands