Families Team Coordinator
£13.39 per hour
25 hours per week
Families Team Coordinator – Job Description
Providing a service to our families which are open/honest and flexible to bring about change. Whilst ensuring the requirements of our stake holders are met.
To build relationships of trust with vulnerable and marginalised parents and families within the community. The aim is to be part of the prevention of care under the Alternatives to Care provision, and/or providing opportunities to enable reunification within the family unit. We can provide support and advice, build parents confidence and skills. Empowering families to experience transformation in their lives. To work in partnership with parents to strengthen parental capacity and family relationships. To complete Social Work assessments as required by our stake holders if and when required.
- Direct experience of working with families, and knowledge of child development and its influence on parent/child relationships
- Demonstrable understanding and up to date knowledge of family work policy and practice
- Direct knowledge and experience of completing Social Work assessments
- At least one year of working within a Social Work setting, preferably working with families and young people
- Interpersonal skills, sufficient to communicate effectively with a wide range of staff and external contacts
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Time management skills
- Competent user of MS Outlook, Word, Powerpoint and Excel
- Able to develop strong positive working relationships with colleagues
- Able to demonstrate a clear commitment to excellence in family work delivery
- Experience in parenting work and working with challenging behaviour
- Experience of one-to-one work and caseload management
- Experience of the voluntary or not for profit sector
- “O” level / GCSE or Equivalent in Maths and English
- Professional qualification in Social Work (BA, MA or DipSW)
- Evidence of recent relevant training
Able to work flexibly to meet the demands of the service including evening and weekends. To work flexibly in responding to the needs of families as they emerge.
Hold a full driving licence and have own transport and be prepared to use your vehicle county wide as part of the role.
You will work in line with the Christian identity of the Organisation within the service area. Part of your role will be to ensure all housing policies, procedures and working practices support the ethos and values of the company.
The next step & how to apply…
To join their team, the next step is to apply online. Simply click the apply button and submit your CV.
If you are successful at this first stage you will then be sent by return email, the application pack and full job description.
To be considered for the role you will need to fill in the application form in full.