At Virgin Care Limited our approach to delivering healthcare services is innovative, refreshing and above all caring. We are committed to putting patient care first and we are looking for dedicated professionals who share our values and our passion for delivering quality care.
We provide front-line NHS and social care services across England and have treated millions of people since 2006. We aim to make a lasting positive difference to the quality of care people receive and to support people to be healthier, happier and in control at every stage of their journey. So, if that is what gets you out of bed in the morning, then read on.
We are looking for a General Practitioner to join the team in our Meadow Dale Group Practice, Halifax to be involved in:
- Supervise nursing staff in matters relating to the treatment of patients
- Encourage and support the GP provision of the services to promote the medical and clinical services delivery as contracted in a timely manner
- Encourage the health and well-being of all medical and clinical staff within the practice and promote efficient working methods
- Undertake a variety of duties including surgery consultations, telephone (or other) consultations and queries, home visits, checking and signing repeat prescriptions
- Make professional, autonomous decisions
- Assess the healthcare needs of our patients and screen for disease risk factors and early signs of illness while developing treatment and associated care plans
- Refer patients to other care providers as required
- Record clear and contemporaneous consultation notes
For our General Practitioner positions we require you to have:
- Full and current GMC (UK) registration and on the GP Register Be on, or fulfil the eligibility criteria to be on, a Medical Performers’ List of a Primary Care Trust in England
- Hold a full and valid driving licence, own a car and be prepared to use it for business mileage
- Current and credible experience within primary care
- Have previous experience in clinical governance and quality management
- Have experience and an understanding of clinical audit
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (written and oral) and customer service
- Able to work under pressure and within an ever changing environment
- Good interpersonal skills, courteous to patients and staff at all times
- Enthusiastic team player who is open and reflective
As a valued member of the team, we’ll offer you a competitive salary with ongoing training and development and good quality working conditions. You will have access to a pension, the use of the Virgin tribe discount card and the chance to work for a vibrant organisation committed to progressive, continuous improvement within a thriving team.
Meadow Dale Group Practice is situated close to the Pennines. All our sites are easily accessible from the M62, with great travel links with Manchester, Oldham and Leeds.
If our General Practitioner role appeals, you have the qualities we are looking for and you share our values we’d love to hear from you. Click on our website link to see if you fit!
Virgin Care Limited are committed to equal opportunities and welcome a broad diversity of talent to apply.
Virgin Care Limited reserves the right to cease any advertising prior to the published closing date for a role that receives a high number of applications.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions
For the purpose of this application, NHS Jobs will share your information with Virgin Care Ltd. Your information will be processed through our recruitment management system, where we will securely store and process your personal information contained within this application form, allowing us to keep you updated on the progress of this enrolment. Virgin Care Ltd. will not process your information for any reason other than your application.
For more information explaining how we use your information please see our full Privacy Notice available in the section ‘Read this before applying’.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs (https://www.safer-jobs.com), a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.