We are currently recruiting experienced, caring and compassionate Health Care Assistants (HCA) and Support workers to work in Nursing/Residential Homes in Bradford, Leeds, Yorkshire and Hull. Ambition24hour pay rates range from £8.63 to £21.31 per hour. If you have NVQ 3 you can earn up to £24.86 per hour. You must be able to work as part of a team to provide and maintain professional standards of care.
- Use the personal security systems within the workplace according to practice guidelines
- Know the health and safety policies and procedures within the workplace, including fire procedures, maintaining documentation, monitoring and maintaining of equipment and furniture within your area of responsibility
- Be able to manage your own time effectively and be proactive in providing care
- Be aware of the legal issues pertinent to the role of a basic HCA
- Respect the privacy, dignity, needs and beliefs of patients and carers
- Act as a chaperone
- Maintain confidentiality or information relating to patients, relatives, staff and the Home
- To present a caring and efficient image and to present themselves in a reasonable way, with due regard to social acceptability, tidiness and personal hygiene.
- To wear the agreed uniform in a clean and presentable condition
- To work within a team with service user/client dignity held in high value, respecting every individual’s diversity, rights and beliefs at all times
- To behave in a professional manner at all times, being aware of how attitudes and personal behaviour can impact on service user/client care and the team as a whole
- To participate in the basic nursing care of the residents under the supervision of trained staff
- To help to maintain a safe environment for staff, residents and visitors, through awareness of health and safety policies, including infection control
- To undertake any other duties as required, in order to keeping the Nursing Home running smoothly, as delegated by the trained nursing staff or Home Manager.
- Accept accountability for your actions and behaviour
For more information on how to apply for this fantastic opportunity please contact an Advisor on 08718733350