We are a well established care organization that provides a safe and homely environment where the unique needs of individuals are recognized and skilled staff available. To ensure this we offer training and development for all staff to ensure that service standards are achieved.
Role – Reporting to the Home Manager - To organise and control the efficient and economic production of quality food within the allowed budget, whilst maintaining high standards of cleanliness and hygiene
- Prepare, cook and serve hot and cold meals, as and when required
- Provide for special dietary requirements where necessary, and take into account the preferences of individual Clients
- Responsible for the management of kitchen porter
- Liaise with the Home Manager when planning / costing menus in order to provide a balanced nutritious diet, making the best use of available fresh foods
- Conduct basic food hygiene training for all Care Staff involved in handling and delivery of food
- Maintain and improve professional knowledge and competence
- Ensure statutory Health and Safety standards in the kitchen and dining areas
- Ensure all crockery and equipment is cleaned and stored appropriately, and that the overall cleaning of the kitchen area (and, where appropriate, the dining areas) is carried out effectively
- Understand, and ensure the implementation of, the Care Centres Health and Safety policy, and Emergency and Fire procedures
- Promote safe working practice in the Care Centre
- Adhere to all Company policies and procedures within the defined timescales
- Ensure all equipment is clean and well maintained
- Carry out any other tasks that may be reasonably assigned to you
- Experience of autonomous working in catering environment
- Food/Hygiene certificate and/or City and Guilds 706 – 1&2 or equivalent
- Good Communication Skills
- Ability to plan and prepare meals which are in keeping with special dietary requirements
If you would like a meaningful career making a positive impact on the lives of those who require care and support, then please apply now!
“We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age”.