Head of Care RGN
- Location: Oxfordshire
- Salary: £45,000 - £50,000 negotiable depending on experience)
- Hours: Full Time
- Contract type: Permanent
We are currently looking for a highly experienced RGN who will play a key role within this 5* care home as the Head of Care. We are looking for the right candidate that can plan, manage, direct and monitor the delivery of high quality clinical care to all residents and strive for continuous improvement in the care delivered. To meet or exceed standards of care delivered to residents, in accordance with the company standards and complying with all regulatory and statutory obligations.
The home is fully compliant with the CQC with a fantastic reputation, with outstanding support from the management team.
Objectives of the role:
- To maintain the required level of occupancy by promotion of the Village and developing a local marketing plan, including maintaining excellent relationships with local referrers.
- To become the Registered Manager with CQC for the Care Home.
- To lead the operation of the Care Home and related services through effective promotion and capitalisation of market opportunities.
- To be responsible for the efficient day-to-day and long term management of the Care Home. To monitor the standards and ensure the registration is retained.
- To develop effective working communication with all Heads of Department within the Village.
- To maintain good morale among all staff through effective leadership, consultation and communication.
- To attain agreed levels of profitability with the Village Manager and to adhere to annual operating budgets.
- Care and Quality
- Estate Management
- Finance and Administration
- HR Management
- Sales and Marketing
- RGN qualified.
- Evidence of NMC Registration.
- NVQ 4 - Registered Manager award, or equivalent
- At least five years of nursing experience; at least one of which includes care for older people
- Knowledge and ability in managing and supervising staff
- Ability to motivate and work with a team of staff
- Ability to evaluate resident care and act accordingly if untoward changes occur
- Experience of recording accurate care plans
- Experience of supervising drug rounds and maintaining accurate records
- Knowledge of Royal Pharmaceutical Society - The Handling of Medicines in Social Care Guidelines
- Experiencing of establishing relationships with other health professionals; including GPs and Social Workers
- Practical experience of providing high quality care and exceeding expectations
- Ability to demonstrate continuing professional growth and development
Employee Benefits include:
- Staff health benefit including a confidential hotline to discuss work or home related concerns with professional advisor's, access to free physiotherapy and discounted gym membership, free flu vaccine and discounts on dental
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Paid Breaks
- Paid Clinical handovers
- Child care vouchers
- Refer a friend scheme
- Cash Plan discounts
- We cover the cost of your DBS Check (£44)
- We cover the cost of NMC registration (£120) *
- Comprehensive induction and on-going training and development
- Competitive staff benefits such as weekly offers and discounts
- Uniform provided
- Pension and Life Assurance scheme available
- Fantastic Holiday entitlement
- Recognition schemes including personal bests and annual National Care Home Awards
For more information regarding this vacancy or to apply, please contact Danielle Kelly on 01489 774 212 or send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org