Position: Head of Care - RMN or RGN or RNLD
Salary: £30k/37.5 hour contract
My client is a medium sized and innovative care centre home providing nursing care within a relaxed environment and who is currently looking for a Head of Care - RN qualified who has considerable experience to join their team. A sound knowledge of CQC requirements and the ability to lead a team of nurses and care staff is essential. This is a supernumerary role.
Job Description - Head of Care RGN or RMN or RNLD:
- To provide clinical leadership, advise and support all care and nursing staff within the Home.
- To ensure the Home Manager is kept fully informed regarding the clinical management of the home including the residents' conditions and to provide clinical advice to the Home Manager as necessary.
- Ensure the needs of each resident are assessed and they receive the highest standard of care and service appropriate to those identified needs.
- Ensure each resident has an up to date and agreed care plan, involving the residents and relative where possible, which details the interventions required to meet those needs;
- evaluating and reviewing the assessments and care plans in line with the policies and procedures.
- To take a lead role in managing the home's clinical responsibilities including but not limited to: infection control, medication management, tissue viability and wound care management, nutritional and dietary requirements, moving and handling management.
- Ensure the running of the care home is in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- To assist the Home Manager with staff rostering to ensure that staffing levels meet identified resident needs.
- Ensure that the day to day running of the care aspects of the home are in accordance with management policies, quality systems and demonstrate compliance with the statutory requirements, the Health and Social Care Act (2008) and the Provider Compliance
- Assessments (Care Quality Commission).
- Act professionally at all times, working within the NMC professional codes of conduct, and evidence on-going self development.
- Establish good personal relationships with residents and their families.
- Develop and maintain links with doctors, health visitors, social workers, local hospitals and other community workers, promoting excellent communication with all internal and external parties.
- Report any defects in the fabric and furnishings to the Home Manager.
- Understand the protection of vulnerable adults and whistle blowing procedures and when they should be implemented.
- Attend appropriate management meetings and contribute to the overall operational and managerial effectiveness of the Company
Benefits of Head of Care - RMN or RGN or RNLD role:
- Competitive Salary dependant on experience as a Senior Nurse - RGN or RMN or RNLD
- Access to company pension
- Working for a charitable trust
- 31 days annual leave
- Working within a well established team
- Training and development
- Commutable from Fareham, Portsmouth and Eastleigh
Are you a Qualified Nurse either starting out on your career or looking for a more senior position? If so Sammons Healthcare would like to offer our expertise and assistance. We have vacancies nationwide for RGNs RMNs and RNLDs. Additionally if you are currently seeking a post as a Area, Home or Deputy Manager, Senior Nurse or Clinical Lead then please send your CV to us along with your requirements and we will endeavour to find the right position for you.
** All qualified applicants with current entitlement to work in the UK (including for example HSMP visas) are welcome. We regret we are unable to seek work permits on behalf of candidates, which means that applicants requiring work permits unfortunately will not be considered.
We endeavour to reply to all applications; however, if you haven't heard from us within 7 days, you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and have achieved the EQuality Assured standard, as endorsed by the Recruitment & Employment Confederation. We welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent.