The White House Nursing Home is looking for a committed Healthcare Assistant to join their team.
ACCOUNTABLE TO: The Registered Manager
REPORTS TO: Trained Staff
LOCATION: New Malden, Surrey
SHIFT: Rota based (including weekends and night shifts)
SALARY: £7.50 to £8.50 per hour (negotiable, based on qualification and experience)
JOB PROFILE: To undertake, under the supervision of Trained Staff, all duties in relation to the well-being of the residents by delivering the highest possible standards of care in a professional manner.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- To provide all personal care and attention for each resident and to follow the activities of daily living in accordance with planned care.
- To ensure residents physical needs, comfort and dignity are met.
- To assist Qualified Nurses in the performance of their duties as requested.
- To encourage and assist residents to participate in leisure pursuits and ensure their social and emotional needs are met.
- To maintain confidentiality at all times.
- To report any changes in resident’s physical or mental condition to the trained staff and maintain accurate records on all forms as required.
- To cover colleagues duties in times of sickness and holidays.
- To undertake induction training and participate in training programmes which may be required either by Law or Home standards.
- To abide by the Home’s security precautions at all times.To comply with the regulations in respect of Health & Safety at Work, COSHH, environmental health and fire procedures, etc and abide by the Home’s Health & Safety Policy
- To report promptly all complaints, however minor, to the Trained Staff on duty.
- To undertake cleaning duties as required, replenish stock of disposable items and exercise cost control at all times.
- To ensure residents clothing and toiletries are adequate and named and ensure deficiencies are reported to the Trained Nurse.
- To participate in assessment and evaluation of residents care.
- To work as a key worker to a group of named residents.
- To attend meetings as required by the Registered Manager
- To be courteous and polite at all times and to develop good relations with residents, visitors and other professionals both inside and outside the Home.
- To abide by the Home’s Quality Procedures, Policies and Work Practices and to report any non-conformances in the correct manner.
- To answer outside telephone call politely and relay messages efficiently
- To promote the good name of the Home at all times.
- To co-operate and maintain good working relationships with all staff.
- To undertake other duties as may be reasonably requested, in order to maintain the smooth running of the Home.