BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in our 58 hospitals in the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Southend have an opportunity for a Healthcare Assistant to support our Theatres.
This is a part-time post for 25 hours per week, working shifts as required.
Knowledge, Skills & Qualifications Required:
- A basic standard of general education with proven literacy and numeracy
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Previous experience in theatre and/or a healthcare environment would be an advantage but not essential as training will be given
Role Purpose & Core Responsibilities:
- Assist the Registered Practitioner to assemble, check and prepare the appropriate surgical equipment, instruments, and consumables for a wide range of operative procedures.
- Assist the Registered Practitioner in the monitoring of the patient.
- Prepare the appropriate area prior to the start of a list; undertaking the appropriate checks to ensure the equipment is used safely.
- Collect the patients from the ward area, conducting mandatory patient checks including informed consent, patient’s identity and operative site against the supporting documentation, handing over the care of the patient to the Theatre Registered Practitioner.
- Accompany the patient back to the ward area, depending upon the assessment undertaken by the Registered Practitioner with regards to the patient’s postoperative condition.
- Assist in the safe transfer and positioning of the patient.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
If you are committed to delivering excellence in patient care and would like to work for an organisation that values its staff, patients and consultants, we would like to hear from you. To be considered for this role, please complete our brief online application form.