Healthcare Assistant - Surgical
The salary range is £20,604 - £23,694 per annum plus excellent benefits.
This is a full time position working 37.5 hours per week between the hours of 7:45am - 9:00pm and may include some weekends.
Located in the heart of Kensington, Bupa Cromwell Hospital is an international hospital committed to providing the highest quality healthcare for our patients. We are the preferred health care provider for leading consultants, complex patients, international and local patients alike. We deliver an unparalleled patient experience, tailored to cultural needs and are continuously improving best practice.
About the Department
Our General Surgical and Hepatobility ward has 17 bedrooms and consists of both surgical and medical patients undergoing surgical intervention in various specialities such as vascular, plastics, gynaecology, general surgery, bariatric, endocrinology, renal and liver transplants.
You will join a motivated team delivering a high standard of care to your patients in a fast moving environment. We also rotate the nurses to the Pre-admission clinic which is based in the same department.
Who we're looking for
- NVQ Level 2 in a relevant area
- Experience working as a Healthcare Assistant in an acute hospital setting
- Venepuncture/Phlebotomy skills would be desirable
- Excellent communicator
- Enthusiastic, dynamic and motivated
About the Role
You will be responsible for contributing to the delivery of care needs to the patients by assisting the team in providing a high standard of nursing care. We will provide you with up to date training and continuous education as a valued member of our team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Welcome and receive patients, visitors and colleagues to the Unit.
- Accompany patients (including their friends and relatives) between Departments or around the wards Assist patients with eating and drinking when required.
- Report to a qualified nurse, any changes in a patient's condition that may require nursing intervention
Ensure at all times the needs and concerns of patients and their friends/relatives are given thorough attention and a friendly and efficient service is provided.