About The Facility
The Wellington Hospital is the UK's largest independent hospital with over 260 beds and 1000 employees. We have an international reputation for excellence in complex healthcare and have gained four decades of expertise in treating patients from the UK and overseas. We offer a premium service in key areas of healthcare, including: neurosurgery, spinal surgery, cardiac care, orthopaedics and acute neurological rehabilitation.
We have an excellent opportunity for a Highly Specialised Cardiac Physiologist to join our Cardiology department at The Wellington Hospital in St Johns Wood, London. As a Cardiac Physiologist, you will provide highly specialist clinical knowledge and skills in a broad range of cardiac physiological investigations and deliver expert care for patients undergoing diagnosis and treatment in the Cardiology department.
This is a full time (37.5 hours per week), permanent post which includes an on-call rota. The projected salary range is £46,000 - £49,900 per annum plus a comprehensive benefits package on top.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform a wide range of standard and complex or advanced procedures as requested by the clinician in at least three fields of Technical Cardiology e.g. Catheter Lab, Pacing & Defib, EP, Echo, Stress testing and ambulatory monitoring and be involved in patient preparation for these tests.
- To provide managerial and administrative support to the Principal Clinical Cardiac Physiologist and Cardiology Services Manager and assist in managing the technical resource efficiently and effectively, ensuring the smooth running of a quality invasive and non-invasive service to cardiac patients.
- Analyse and interpret real time results, which may be complex and either urgent or routine in nature.
- Perform other provocative procedures as instructed by the clinician such as injection of contrast medium during echocardiography, VF induction during ICD implantation, intra cardiac pacing and ablation.
Skills & Experience
- Experienced Cardiac Physiologist (RCCP registered).
- Experience of working within a cardiology unit with the ability to perform a wide range of cardiology testing including Echo tests, catheter Lab, EP and stress testing.
- Hospital experience working within invasive and non-invasive physiology is advantageous.
- Professional qualifications in HRUK, NASPE, BSE advantageous.
- Ability to recognise clinical problems early and report/take appropriate action.