To assist in caring for clients in their own homes.
All members should have the knowledge and skills necessary to maintain a safe and competent standard of care, with the following responsibilities.
* Provide a high standard of care with competence and a strong sense of responsibility
* Respect the individuality and confidentiality of each client
* Ensure the Health and Safety and Welfare of their clients and themselves
* To endeavour to communicate effectively, should there be difficulties with language sight or hearing
* Maintain up to date records in line with the clients care plan in the care report book
* Keep regular communications with the branch.
Specific Duties include:
* Caring for Palliative Service Users in their own homes
* Personal Care
* Moving and Handling duties
* Dressing and Undressing
* Toileting and emptying and changing of Catheter bags
* Assisting with eating and drinking
* Assisting with Medication
* Applicants will require a portable DBS
* Cost of uniform will be refunded after initial purchase.