Home Manager (Nurse qualified)
Permanent, Full Time
Salary: £35,000 per annum
Search Consultancy is looking to recruit a qualified Home Manager to work nights on behalf of a medium to large sized nursing home between Rochdale and Manchester City Centre.
The Home is currently undergoing changes to ensure it is fully compliant with CQC and needs a dedicated Home Manager to instil these changes throughout the Home.
The Home provides personal and nursing care for the elderly, physically disabled, stroke and cancer patients, specialising in delivering the highest standards of care.
We are looking for an experienced Home Manager with excellent clinical and communication skills. These skills are also needed for developing good relationships with outside agencies, suppliers and professionals, along with regular liaison with residents, relatives, prospective employees and residents.
Registered Home Managers will be expected to:
- Manage all aspects of running the home day to day effectively
- Supervise and support the team
- Ensure the home values are upheld; Trust, respect and care
- Treat team members in a manner they would be treated
- Hold supervision meetings on a monthly basis with senior support management
- Be up to date with all mandatory training
- When appropriate, hold supervision meetings with other home managers to ensure compliance with registration protocol.
The ideal Home Manager will have a caring disposition, a professional confident and warm personality with leadership qualities. A Home manger will be reliable, punctual and willing to provide an out of hours "on call" service.
Registered Home Managers must have:
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience in a caring environment (preferably within care of older people)
- Minimum of 2 years supervisory management experience
- NVQ 4 (or equivalent) in management or Registered Managers Award
- Control and management of budgets and accounts
- Knowledge of the principles in sales and marketing
- Skilled in the recruitment, selection and retention of staff
- Committed to a structured approach to training and development of staff
- Understanding of the Care Standards Act and Health & Safety legislation
This is a full time, permanent position with up to 45 hours per week and an annual salaries of £35,000 per annum. Home managers will be responsible for promoting a caring environment which provides residents with a high standard of specialised personal care, meeting individual needs and ensuring everyone is treated with respect and dignity and rights to privacy, independence and choice are met. To supervise, monitor and evaluate the care delivered to residents; checking legal requirements are met along with the high levels expected within the Home.
You can get further details about this role by simply contacting Kabibi Luseni at Search Consultancy in the Manchester Branch. (AGY).
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.