We are looking to appoint several Hospital Volunteers to provide an enhanced interactive service direct to our Patients and their visitors in Spire Harpenden Hospital and surpass their expectations of excellent patient care. The volunteers will provide assistance to the hospital team to support efficient and effective process and holistic care throughout the patient journey. This role is predominantly based on the wards, however, some Volunteers may be based in outpatient and reception areas.
The primary role of the Volunteer at all times is to talk to Patients – all other tasks which support the roles of other hospital staff are secondary
- To provide an efficient, effective and quality volunteer service for the Wards, Reception and Outpatient areas or other departments as directed.
- To carry out duties in an efficient, friendly, warm and caring manner.
- Comply with the Health & Safety at Work Regulations, Fire and COSHH. Report any faulty equipment / work hazards to a senior member of staff.
- Understand the risks associated with Healthcare Associated Infections (HCAI) and understand personal responsibilities as agreed with line manager in the prevention and control of HCAI.
- To provide a high level of customer service and reflect the ethos of Spire healthcare.
- Report any concerns regarding the wellbeing of patients, visitors or contractors to the hospital to a senior member of staff.
- To be aware of the emergency procedures within the hospital and to support safe process in every event.
- To recognise when assistance is required and to activate accordingly.
- To treat patients and their relatives as individuals and aim to meet individual needs.
- To help maintain patient privacy and dignity at all times.
- To recognise the small things that will make a difference.
Hours of Duty
- To be agreed between the volunteer and the Volunteer Coordinator.
- The sessions agreed will be for at least a 3 hour period. The times will be flexible and agreed according to the needs of the service and the individual.
- No formal qualifications are required; however the post holder must have excellent customer service skills and a cheerful ‘can do’ attitude.
- The post holder must be able to adapt to work flexibly to meet the needs of patients and the hospital team at any given time.
As this is a volunteer role there will be no remuneration.
For further information regarding this role please contact Christine Sheppard (firstname.lastname@example.org) on 01582 714434
Spire Healthcare’s mission is to bring together the best people who are dedicated to developing excellent clinical environments and delivering the highest quality patient care. We constantly invest in our people, facilities and equipment to ensure our patients receive a high standard of care.