An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Hotel Services Assistant to join our team on a 20 hours per week basis. This role will be based at Murrayfield Hospital, working Monday-Friday 5:30pm-9:30pm. The successful candidate will be responsible for the cleaning in the kitchen/staff dining room and serving staff in the staff dining room.
Duties would include but are not limited to:
- Maintain high standards of cleanliness throughout the hospital in line with the catering and infection control policy.
- Complete the cleaning schedules related to the shift, ensuring that the kitchen and staff canteen are ready for use.
- To keep in close contact with the Head Chef and report any concerns regarding catering issues immediately.
- To work in close liaison with the pantry staff, understanding the special needs of the hospital on a day to day basis
- Compliance with all Health and Safety at Work regulations including COSHH.
- Being responsible for taking meal orders from staff on a daily basis.
- Observing all dietary requirements.
- Being fully aware of all available choices.
- Responsible for the service of food and beverages to staff and consultants.
- Responsible for the prompt collection of all used trays, crockery, cutlery and glassware.
- Ensuring that all crockery and cutlery is presented to the patient clean and undamaged.
- Responsible for washing, drying and putting away of returned trays, crockery, cutlery and glassware.
- Ensuring the highest standards of cleanliness and hygiene within the kitchen in compliance with hygiene training.
- Ensures cleaning jobs are completed and signed for in accordance with cleaning schedules and procedures.
- Responsible for the return to the main kitchen of all equipment as appropriate on a daily basis.
- Responsible for replenishment of stock within the staff dining room to a designated level.
- Responsible for recording all information related to movement of stock, food, alcohol, and beverages as is deemed necessary by the Hotel Services Supervisor.
At all times you must be neat and tidy and wear uniform as per uniform policy.
Standards of personal hygiene must be of the highest calibre at all times.
Your work will involve close liaison with nursing staff and you will be complimentary to their team.
Spire Healthcare’s mission is to bring together the best people who are dedicated to developing excellent clinical environments and delivering the highest quality patient care. We constantly invest in our people, facilities and equipment to ensure our patients receive a high standard of care.