Hotel Services Assistant - Full Time - 12 Month Maternity Cover
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Hotel Services Assistant to join our team on a 37.5hrs per week contract, hours will be five from seven with earliest start 6:30am and latest finish 10pm, with regular Saturday shifts. This role will be a 12 month fixed term contract and will be based at Shawfair Park Hospital, but may include the occasional shift at Murrayfield Hospital, so own transport would be an advantage.
Duties would include but are not limited to:
- Maintain high standards of cleanliness throughout the hospital in line with the housekeeping and infection control policy.
- Complete the cleaning schedules related to the shift, ensuring that rooms are ready for immediate occupation and public areas are clean.
- To keep in close contact with the Senior Housekeeper and report any concerns regarding housekeeping issues immediately.
- To work in close liaison with the clinical staff, understanding the special needs of the hospital on a day to day basis
- Compliance with all Health and Safety at Work regulations including COSHH.
- Being responsible for taking meal orders from patients and visitors on a daily basis.
- Observing all dietary requirements as identified on nurses list and ensures patient’s menu choice is compatible.
- Being fully aware of all available choices and refers patients requirements to the Hotel Services Supervisor or HSM.
- Responsible for the service of food and beverages to patients and visitors.
- Responsible for presentations of patient’s trays as per patient tray policy.
- Ensuring that food is correctly positioned on the patients tray in order that the patient may eat comfortable and safely.
- Reporting to nursing staff patients who may be experiencing eating difficulties e.g. poor appetite, difficulty in swallowing or chewing.
- Responsible for the prompt collection of all used trays, crockery, cutlery and glassware.
- Responsible for offering and serving refreshments before and after a meal as required at patients or visitors requests.
- Ensuring that all crockery and cutlery is presented to the patient clean and undamaged.
- Responsible for washing, drying and putting away of returned trays, crockery, cutlery and glassware.
- Ensuring the highest standards of cleanliness and hygiene within the pantry in compliance with hygiene training.
- Ensures cleaning jobs are completed and signed for in accordance with cleaning schedules and procedures.
- Responsible for the return to the main kitchen of all equipment as appropriate on a daily basis.
- Responsible for replenishment of stock within the pantry to a designated level.
- Responsible for recording all information related to movement of stock, food, alcohol, and beverages as is deemed necessary by the Hotel Services Supervisor.
- Any other duties that may be required from time to time and as instructed by the Hotel Services Supervisor.
The Hotel Services Assistants will be directly involved with patients. At all times she/he must be neat and tidy and wear uniform as per uniform policy.
Standards of personal hygiene must be of the highest calibre at all times.
Your work will involve close liaison with nursing staff and he/she will be complimentary to their team.
Spire Healthcare’s mission is to bring together the best people who are dedicated to developing excellent clinical environments and delivering the highest quality patient care. We constantly invest in our people, facilities and equipment to ensure our patients receive a high standard of care.