BMI Ridgeway Hospital in Swindon is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Infection Prevention and Control Lead to join their team of staff in the BMI Ridgeway Hospital
This is a PART time role for 25 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Registered Nurse (or other profession e.g. Operating Department Practitioner)
- Teaching and assessing qualification e.g. ENB 998 (or equivalent)
- Specialist knowledge to a level defined for that hospital (see separate level guide sheet)
- A defined amount of time working in IPC as defined by BMI guide for the level required at that hospital
- Able to apply specialist knowledge to risk assessment and support appropriate controls
- Ability to provide leadership and development of all disciplines of staff
- Ability to work across disciplines
- Good communication skills
Duties of this role include:
- To ensure Infection Prevention and Control (IPC) is addressed in all areas of the hospital and reflected throughout all activity related to healthcare provision.
- To ensure infection prevention is taken into account in all new business, new build and refurbishment.
- To ensure compliance to the HCAI code (DH 2010) for CQC requirements in England and equivalent for hospitals in Scotland and Wales.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
BMI Healthcare Scheme
Staff Pension Scheme
25 days holiday per annum
Gym membership discount
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.