ITU/HDU Nurses - Critical CareThe Role
Reporting to the Critical Care Lead the Staff Nurse, Critical Care (ITU/HDU) will assist in the day to day running of the Critical Care Unit. Being a KIMS champion of patient experience you will be responsible for the delivery of excellent patient and visitor care, ensuring consistently high standards of patient experience and the delivery of a high standard of clinical care.Responsibilities
Your responsibilities will include:
- Interfacing effectively with other wards, promoting a positive perception of Critical Care (ITU/HDU).
- Developing operational procedures and policies to ensure the most efficient patient pathways.
- The delivery of excellent patient and visitor care, ensuring consistently high standards of patient experience.
- Working within a team, supervising and directing junior staff.
- Writing and updating care plans for Critical Care (ITU/HDU) patients.
- Providing supervision and leadership to the junior members of the team.
- Maintaining the safe custody, administration, dispensing and storage of medication according to NMC Administration of Medication.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be a strong and empathetic Registered Nurse (RN).
- Have demonstrable experience working as a Staff Nurse (RN) within an ITU / HDU / Critical Care setting.
- Be absolutely patient focused, with a desire and proven ability to deliver healthcare at its best.
- Have knowledge of clinical governance and its application.
- Be an expert in building relationships with the ability to easily engage with consultants, colleagues, and patients.