CARE Fertility is the largest independent provider of fertility treatment in the UK, committed to delivering the highest quality patient care.
The wide range of fertility treatments we offer includes IVF, ICSI and IUI and we also have successful egg and sperm donation programmes which offer hope to those patients who have exhausted many other fertility treatment options.
Our nursing teams make a real difference to patients' lives; we have helped create thousands of families throughout the UK and overseas.
You should be RN trained (or equivalent, e.g. RM) with proven post-registration experience. Gynaecology/obstetric experience is advantageous.
Our nurses benefit from being part of a highly professional, multi-disciplinary team. We will give you advice, guidance and excellent learning opportunities as well as the option of developing advanced clinical skills.
A Competitive salary is on offer, dependent upon skills & abilities. This interesting, varied role includes clinic, ward and theatre/procedure room duties. You'll be supported and encouraged to rotate across all areas and develop a multi-skilled approach
The position is a new permanent role to expand the nursing team.
To discuss the role further, or to arrange an informal visit to CARE Tunbridge Wells, please contact Frances Stevens, Nurse Manager, on 01892 614 110.
This post is subject to Enhanced Disclosure with the DBS. For more information, or to make an application, please go to CARE's careers page at www.carefertility.com/careers.
Closing date is Friday 21st October 2016.
- Assist with the daily running of the fertility clinic, working with the nursing, medical and embryology teams, and the wider multidisciplinary team.
- Assist with admission, management and nursing care of patients before, during and after procedures.
- Assist the clinicians and embryologists in the procedure room, as appropriate, adhering to agreed operating procedures.
- Carry out nurse consultations, planning treatment cycles and preparing patients for treatment.
- Provide information and advice to patients and assist in providing emotional support to patients, both face to face and over the telephone.
- Obtain patients' consent forms ensuring consent forms are signed as per agreed policy and procedures
- Assist with the monitoring of treatment cycles, including transvaginal ultrasound scanning and venepuncture.
- Complete training in transvaginal ultrasound scanning
- Maintain accurate patient documentation in line with agreed standard operating procedures.
- Assist in maintaining the safe custody of drugs in accordance with NMC guidelines.
- Maintain effective communication with patients and colleagues including liaising with other CARE centres.
- Ensure equipment is left in good order, reporting any faults or hazards.
- Maintain professional development according to NMC guidelines, including up to date knowledge of current accepted practice and professional issues.
- Maintain all standards of professionalism performed to the NMC code of conduct.
- Assist with promoting a quality service to patients.
- Attend CARE unit, clinical and nurse meetings.
- RN or equivalent, e.g. RM
- Proven post-registration experience
- Gynae/obstetric background
- Theatre experience
- Ultrasound scanning
- Good organisational skills and the ability to prioritise own workload
- Ability to record and retrieve information using a computer
- Basic counselling skills
- Good IT skills
- Empathy and understanding of the needs of patients
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team, as well as the wider multi-disciplinary team
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff and patients over the telephone, face-to-face and in writing
- An understanding and appreciation of patient confidentiality
- An understanding of the Human Fertilisation and Embryology Authority (HFEA) and Care Quality Commission (CQC)