This adveritsement has been placed by the organisation named in the 'Department' section above.
Should you require further information regarding this vacancy please contact the organisation direct.
To provide effective, evidence-based physiotherapy management for patients, both across NHS and Occupational Health business units in six monthly rotations.
Provide Clinical Functions:
- Greet clients in the seated areas, introduce yourself and outline the purpose of the session.
- Conduct detailed subjectiveassessments (including relevant objective questionnaires if appropriate) and ensure that the details of the assessment and any relevant outcome measures and goals are accurately recorded.
- Carry out objective assessments for peripheral and spinal conditions using recognised orthopaedic tests and objective measurements.
- Provide clients with education of their condition with likely timelines for course of treatment and formulate treatment plans in line with evidence base and best practice.
- Ensure client consent is gained and documented prior to any assessment or treatment.
- Ensure all clients are treated with respect, dignity and privacy at all times.
- Devise and document a home exercise program and promote long term self- management throughout their patient journey.
- Discuss appropriate complex patient cases with senior physiotherapists and seek out advice in situations where a client is falling outside a development physiotherapist’s scope of practice.
- Utilise alternative services such as MCATS and Podiatry, where appropriate.
- Encourage clients to use the rehabilitation gym or other community based services as appropriate after their treatment and instruct them on the correct use of any relevant equipment
- Maintain accurate and timely notes on each client episodeand have these completed within 24 hours of the session.
- Complete all relevant processes to effectively discharge a client and to measure the outcomes of the treatment that they have received.
- In the Occupational Health setting, to generate outcome reports for the employers detailing the functional abilities of the employees, and working with other members of the Occupational Health team.
- Partake in the development physiotherapist CPD programme including attending teaching days, regular supervision, maintaining a CPD portfolio demonstrating key areas of learning including; regular watched assessments, notes audits and reflections.
- Maintain registration with all relevant statutory bodies including the Health Professions Council and the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy, and comply with the relevant codes of practice.
- Provide cross cover over a range of clinic locations in situations where the NHS or Occupation health business units have insufficient staffing.
- Carry out full six monthly rotations across different sites over central and south east London in a flexible hours working pattern .
Provide Marketing Support Functions
- Contribute to the overall marketing and promotion of the business
- Actively manage clients under your care, ensuring that all clients that do not attend appointments or who are non-returners are contacted by telephone or e-mail to ascertain whether they require further treatment or can be formally discharged. Keep an accurate record of those contacts and responses.
- Have knowledge of other services that are offered at the clinic and in the community as a whole and actively promote those services to clients if there is a clinical indication to do so.
- Encourage all clients to undertake a client satisfaction survey at some time during their course of treatment so that we can gain insight into their perceptions of our services.
Provide Administrative Support Functions
- Complete any administrative tasks that either relates to a clients treatment (eg letters to the GP or Consultants) or contributes to the overall running of the clinic or the business aims.
Required Knowledge and Experience
- Maintain accurate clinical and administrative statistics in line with the key performance Indicators of the relevant contracts and ensure that wherever possible this data is kept up-to-date and free from errors.
The quality of the client experience relies heavily on this position and as such it is critical in providing a positive image. It is imperative that this role has the highest standards of customer care and professionalism that willexceed the clients’ expectations ofthe service.
- Qualification in physiotherapy
- Member and/or registered with the relevant statutory bodies (Health Professions Council and Chartered Society of Physiotherapists)
- Previous experience dealing with an outpatients and musculoskeletal caseload
- Demonstration of ongoing Continuing Professional Development
- Computer literacy is essential
- Excellent customer service ethic is essential
- Sensitive, diplomatic, caring and approachable interpersonal manner
- Flexible working attitude
- Team player
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see applying from overseas.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs (https://www.safer-jobs.com), a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.