We have a fantastic opportunity for a Kitchen Assistant to join us as we open a brand new residential nursing home in Bournemouth - Wickmeads opened in March 2016
- 24 hours per week part time hours
- Pay - £7.34 per hour plus bank holiday pay enhancements
- Excellent training and a supportive working environment
You'll assist the chef and assistant chef in the smooth running of the home's kitchen and help provide our residents with a first rate dining experience they can enjoy.
This is an exciting opportunity to join us as we open our new home Wickmeads. Located in the heart of Southbourne, Wickmeads is a 50 bed state of the art bespoke home that has been designed according to the latest research into dementia and nursing care.
Video about Wickmeads:-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v%3DZT-fSNDaRjs
For more information about Wickmeads please go to:- http://www.care-south.co.uk/our-homes/wickmeads/
Please note this role will include working some bank holidays and alternate weekends.
You will be able to demonstate the following:-
- Working knowledge of health and safety in the kitchen, such as the safe handling of food
- The ability to work as a team player to create and maintain a co-operative, friendly and welcoming atmosphere in the home
- A caring attitude and the desire to give our residents the best possible service
In return we offer:-
- Excellent induction programme and ongoing commitment to your training and development
- Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Care South Savers: a staff discount scheme providing access to a range of on-line and high street discounts
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Child Care Vouchers
- DBS check paid by us
- Uniform provided
- Care South Stars
- Annual Awards - recognising excellence in individuals and teams
For further details, or an informal discussion, please contact Karen Taylor, Home Manager, or Rachel Smith Harrison, Deputy Manager, on 01202 296906.
About Care South
We have an excellent reputation for providing high quality, innovative residential and nursing care across the South of England. Our values of Honesty, Excellence, Approach, Respect, Teamwork are fundamental to the way we work, and the services that we provide every day to our residents and service users.