The main responsibilities of the Kitchen Assitant Role are:
* To assist in the preparation, cooking and serving of meals to residents.
* To maintain cleanliness of kitchen and equipment, ensuring the premises are always cleaned to the highest standard, following the requirements of the cleaning schedule.
* Assist in the preparation of cold meals e.g. sandwiches and salads.
* To monitor and record all deliveries and dispatches of frozen and dry foods.
* To work as part of a team and participate is staff meetings
* To wash up after meals, ensuring all crockery and equipment is cleaned and stored appropriately.
* Clean the dining areas, where appropriate.
- Experience in the catering services is beneficial although not essential.
- Possess effective written and verbal communication skills
- Food handling course qualification desirable
- To ensure that all kitchen equipment and kitchen areas are cleaned according to the cleaning schedules.
- To ensure statutory and Company Health and Safety Regulations are adhered to.
- To ensure correct storage of all dry and perishable cook chill goods as soon as possible after receipt and checking.
- To ensure the correct, safe storage of cleaning materials.
- To ensure that all pots, pans, cooking utensils and service counter containers are cleaned to the required standards and correctly stored after cleaning.
- Carry out any other reasonable instructions given by the Head Chef and/or Home Manager.
- 28 days holiday inclusive of Bank holiday
- Bank holiday - double time payment for approved hours worked
- 'Your choices' voluntary benefits - employee discounted scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Flu Vaccination
- Employee Assistance scheme
- Cycle to work scheme with Halfords
- Study Support