We're looking for a Kitchen/Dining Room Assistant to join our residential care home in Bournemouth
Pay - £7.34 per hour
- Part-time 20 hours per week covering morning shifts
You will assist the chef and assistant chef in the smooth running of the home's kitchen and help provide our residents with an enjoyable dining experience. Duties will include serving meals, keeping the kitchen and dining environments clean, helping to prepare meals, assisting with the serving/feeding of residents and clearing away at the end of mealtimes.
Please note this role will include covering some bank holidays and alternative weekends.
Castle Dene in Bournemouth is a purpose built residential care home conveniently located off the A338 Bournemouth Spur Road, with the East Dorset countryside nearby. For more details about Castle Dene please go to: http://www.care-south.co.uk/our-homes/castle-dene/
You will be able to demonstrate the following:-
- The ability to prepare food in a presentable way
- Working knowledge of health and safety in the kitchen, such as the safe handling of food
- The ability to work as a team player to create a co-operative, friendly and welcoming atmosphere in the home
- Experience of serving meals and working in a kitchen environment would be an advantage
In return we offer:-
- Excellent induction programme and ongoing commitment to your training and development
- Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Care South Savers: a staff discount scheme providing access to a range of on-line and high street discounts
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Child Care Vouchers
- DBS check paid by us
- Uniform provided
- Care South Stars Annual Awards - recognising excellence in individuals and teams
For further details, or an informal discussion, please contact Janice Turner, Home Manager, or Ann Teversham, Deputy Home Manager, on 01202 397929.
About Care South
Care South is a leading provider of residential and home care in the South of England, and employ over 1500 people in over 20 residential homes and home care locations. Our values of Honesty, Excellence, Approach, Respect, Teamwork are fundamental to the way we work, and the services that we provide every day to our residents and service users.