A Lead Cancer Nurse is required to join the Oncology Department in a private hospital in Milton Keynes to support the management and strategic development of oncology services.
Applicants for this Lead Cancer Nurse should meet the following criteria;
- Level 1 Adult Nurse (RGN) with NMC PIN
- Extensive Oncology/Cancer care experience at Senior Nurse level
- Have completed ENB998 or a recognised equivalent in teaching and mentoring
- Have completed ENB237/N59 or equivalent with experience in chemotherapy administration and management
- Strong clinical skills including venepuncture, cannulation and care of CVADs
- Strong leadership, communication and interpersonal skills, including counselling skills
As Lead Cancer Nurse, you will act as a specialist resource for patients, carers and staff, providing invaluable specialist clinical knowledge to all involved in patient care, treatment and support.
Your time will be spent delivering hands-on clinical patient care alongside working in cancer management and service development.
You will support senior management in the development of strategic and operational plans, service development proposals and business cases for the delivery of cancer services and will contribute to the development of a strategic direction and participate fully in the development of clinical frameworks.
The salary paid for this role is up to £36,925 per annum and the successful candidate will also have access to an excellent staff benefits package which includes private medical plans, life assurance, a generous annual leave allowance and excellent training, development and progression opportunities.
If you are interested and would like more information about this role or any other clinical vacancies in the private healthcare sector throughout Milton Keynes and Buckinghamshire, please call Siobhan Wieremiej at SYK Recruitment Specialists now on 01535 604940.
To apply now, please submit your CV through the link provided.
Please visit SYK Recruitment Specialist’s website for a national vacancy list to find nursing or management opportunities in the health and social care sector near you.