An opportunity has arisen for a Lead Consultant Anaesthetist to work alongside dedicated and professional Multi-discipline medical team at our Shepton Mallet Treatment Centre. You will be a highly valued member of our team bringing your expertise and skills in Anaesthetics
Shepton Mallet performs in excess of 15000 operations per annum. The latest orthopaedic joint replacement PROMS data sees our hospital top of the league in the region for hip and knee replacement.
Care UK teamed up with Somerset Partnership (an NHS organisation) was awarded a ten year contract to run and develop the Shepton Mallet Health and Well Being Campus. It is anticipated that a significant expansion will take place over the next three years. The anaesthetic lead will be required to be an outstanding communicator to facilitate this transition.
The hospital is implementing the Local Safety Standards for Invasive Procedures (LocSSIPs), as per NHS England guidance. The lead anaesthetist will be required to work in conjunction with theatre and senior management to ensure a smooth implementation of this policy.
Reporting to the Hospital Medical Director, the Lead Consultant Anaesthetist will provide clinical and managerial leadership to their speciality team consisting of the Consultant group at the local sites and will be supported by the Hospital Medical Director, Hospital Director, Clinical Director, Human Resources Lead, and Director of Nursing / Clinical Services Manager.
Key responsibilities include:
• Chair regular Anaesthetic Speciality Meetings. The purpose of such meetings will be to discuss anaesthetic complications and complaints; to review avoidable clinical cancellations; and to discuss departmental topics and issues.
• Work closely with the Clinical Director of the service and Hospital Medical Director and will liaise with other Site Leads on a regular basis to provide standardised practice across the organisation.
• Ensuring that the highest standards of clinical care are delivered in line with national and local standards and objectives.
• Clinical Governance lead for anaesthesia at site level and will be responsible for the development of the service liaising with the Clinical Director for the speciality.
• Work in conjunction with the Hospital Medical Director and Hospital Director in the management of the rota as required and ensuring activity is achieved and consistent safe cover is available.
• UK registerable Medical Degree
• FRCA or equivalent
• Past record of academic achievement
• Full and Specialist GMC Registration Anaesthetics
As a Care UK Lead Consultant Anaesthetist you will have access to great facilities in a well-structured and relaxed environment. Plus our Consultants enjoy a fantastic work-life balance with minimal on-call commitments. In return we offer a competitive base salary plus a range of benefits including contributory pension scheme, full CSNT indemnity cover and 10 days CPD with generous financial contribution. We will also offer a generous relocation package.
Please note that your application is subject to GMC registration and Specialist Registration in Anaesthetics. Offers of employment are subject receipt of satisfactory references and a DBS check.
At Care UK, we actively promote diversity and equal opportunities.
Applicants must have the right to work in the EU.
For a detailed job description or an informal discussion please contact Ian Wheeler on 07436 805441 or email [Click here to apply].
*No agencies please as Care UK operates an approved supplier list*.