This adveritsement has been placed by the organisation named in the 'Department' section above.
Should you require further information regarding this vacancy please contact the organisation direct.
CPPG is an award winning Physiotherapy Provider. We currently have physiotherapist positions available in our Crystal Palace site, to provide effective and evidence-based management of musculoskeletal conditions requiring physiotherapy in our NHS Musculoskeletal and MCATTS service.
The role provides effective evidence-based physiotherapy treatment that will facilitate a client’s recovery for patients who have been referred by local GPs via the NHS referral pathway. In addition, it contributes to the overall clinical excellence of the business through undertaking ongoing professional development, and utilising the skills both internally and externally of other clinicians available.
There is also an administrative and marketing function to this position which contributes to the smooth-running and development of the business.
Provide Clinical Functions:
- Greet clients in the reception/seating areas and brief them as to the procedures of the clinic.
- Take a detailed subjective history from the client (including relevant objective questionnaires if appropriate) and ensure that the details of the assessment and any relevant outcome measures are accurately recorded on the assessment sheet.
- Conduct a suitable objective assessment using recognised orthopaedic tests and objective measurements to ascertain a diagnosis of the condition
- Explain the nature of the client’s injury with them answering any of their questions or concerns.
- Formulate a treatment plan for the client, explaining this to them encompassing our clinic philosophy of treatment
- Discuss likely timelines for treatment to the client to outline the probable course of treatment.
- Gain and document informed consent from the client prior to proceeding with the treatment plan.
- Give effective and evidence-based treatment in line with the treatment plan that has been formulated, ensuring that the client is treated with respect, dignity and privacy at all times.
- Devise and document a home exercise program for the client that is clear and is effectively communicated to them.
- Encourage the client to use the rehabilitation gym or other community based services as appropriate after their treatment and instruct them on the correct use of any relevant equipment
- Maintain accurate and timely notes on each client episode/treatment and have these completed not more than 24 hours after the completion of treatment.
- Complete all relevant processes to effectively discharge a client and to measure the outcomes of the treatment that they have received.
- Partake in the regular in-service training program as well as other Continuing Professional Development to maintain and develop knowledgebase and clinical skills.
- Maintain registration with all relevant statutory bodies including the Health Professions Council and the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy, and comply with the relevant Codes of Practice.
Provide Marketing Support Functions
Provide Administrative Support Functions
- Contribute to the overall marketing and promotion of the business
- Actively manage clients under your care, ensuring that all clients that do not attend appointments or who are non-returners are contacted by telephone or e-mail to ascertain whether they require further treatment or can be formally discharged. Keep an accurate record of those contacts and responses.
- Have knowledge of other services that are offered at the clinic and in the community as a whole and actively promote those services to clients if there is a clinical indication to do so.
- Encourage all clients to undertake a client satisfaction survey at some time during their course of treatment so that we can gain insight into their perceptions of our services.
- Complete any administrative tasks that either relates to a clients treatment (eg letters to the GP or Consultants) or contributes to the overall running of the clinic or the business aims.
- Maintain accurate clinical and administrative statistics in line with the Key Performance Indicators of the relevant contracts and ensure that wherever possible this data is kept up-to-date and free from errors
We will provide you with a comprehensive and award winning staff CPD programme, and a fun, stable and friendly work environment.
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see applying from overseas.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs (https://www.safer-jobs.com), a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.