JOB TITLE: Care Assistant (Night Shift)
MAIN PURPOSE: To provide residents with the highest standard of quality care and support at all time, in accordance with the individual care plan. To act in accordance with the policies and procedures of the home.
RESPONSIBLE TO: Nurse in Charge/Senior Care
10. To help residents choose from the menu.
11. To assist residents with eating where needed as per their care plan.
12. Report comments on food and requests for particular dishes to the Cook/Head Chef.
13. To take care of the residents clothing, ensuring the correct collection, distribution and return of all laundered items.
14. To carry out bed making and changing of linen.
15. To keep the residents rooms tidy, safe and in line with the residents wishes.
16. To participate in the programme of activities for residents
17. To assist senior staff with the admission of new residents.
18. To assist senior staff, under supervision and where appropriate, to carry out their clinical responsibilities for residents e.g. hygiene care, wound dressings.
19. To assist senior staff in the on-going assessment of residents, reporting any changes to the person in charge.
20. Escort residents travelling to and from the Home/Care Centre e.g. on social outings, hospital visits etc.
21. To maintain accurate and legible records of care provided.
22. To ensure an effective working team, by working closely with other members of the staff team by actively taking part in staff meetings, having open communication, and contribute to meeting the objectives of the team.
23. To take part in regular supervisions and appraisals to meet agreed learning and development needs associated with the job.
24. To assist in the orientation of new care assistants.
25. To adopt a neat, clean and tidy appearance at all times and wear the appropriate uniform as supplied by the Home.
26. To be helpful and courteous to residents and visitors at all times
27. To report all comments, compliments and complaints immediately to your line manager or the person in charge.
28. To check the duty rota and sign for actual hours worked.
29. To be familiar with the policies and procedures and the Employee Handbook.
30. To attend all required training sessions.
31. To carry out additional reasonable duties as well, from time to time as directed by the management team.
32. Ensure the communal areas and corridors are safe and free from hazards.
33. To carry out duties in such a way as to ensure the economical and safe use of resources and equipment.
34. Ensure all residents’ property is stored in line with the policies and procedures of the home.
35. Report and hand in any lost property.
36. Ensure all property belonging to the home is treated with respect.
37. To report any defects, damage, theft, breakages or hazards.
38. To carry out all duties in a safe manner having regard to the Health and Safety of self, colleagues, residents and visitors to the Home/Care Centre.