A fantastic opportunity for a Night Shift Leader to join us at Sussexdown, our residential nursing home in Storrington, West Sussex
- Pay - £9.91 per hour (after completion of probationary period) plus enhancements for bank holidays
- Full or part time hours
- Excellent training and the opportunity for future career progression
Sussexdown is a magnificent country house set in beautiful landscaped gardens offering state-of-the-art nursing and dementia care in a safe and comfortable environment with stunning views over the Sussex Downs.
For more details about Sussexdown please see: www.care-south.co.uk/our-homes/sussexdown-west-sussex
Key Responsibilities Include:-
- Supervising the Night Care Assistants and ensuring allocated tasks are carried out in accordance with policies and procedures
- Ensuring that all night staff record information is in line with agreed procedures, including treatment charts and daily contact sheets
- Making sure night staff are aware of residents' changing needs by reading care plans, report books etc and reporting changes to the home managers
- Ensuring that the home managers are kept updated regarding any changes to the care of residents, matters relating to health and safety or staff performance
- Administering medication in-line with Company policies and procedures.
What we're looking for:-
You will have Level 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care (or equivalent qualification) or a willingness to work towards this, supervisory experience and experience in meeting older peoples' needs or in dementia care.
In return we offer:-
- Excellent induction programme and ongoing commitment to your training and development
- Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Care South Savers: a staff discount scheme providing access to a range of on-line and high street discounts
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Child Care Vouchers
- DBS check paid by us
- Uniform provided
- Care South Stars Annual Awards - recognising excellence in individuals and teams
For further details or an informal discussion please contact Heather Rogers, Home Manager or Zelly Hutchinson, Deputy Home Manager, on 01903 744221.
About Care South
Care South is a leading provider of residential and home care in the South of England, and employ over 1500 people in over 20 residential homes and home care locations. Our values of Honesty, Excellence, Approach, Respect, Teamwork are fundamental to the way we work, and the services that we provide every day to our residents and service users.