Our client is a co-educational day and boarding School for children age 7 - 13. The School is set in beautiful enclosed grounds overlooking the picturesque river Wye, in Chepstow.
Exciting opportunities have arisen for Nursery Practitioners (preferably Level 3 qualified) to work as Bank or possible permanent Staff to enable the setting to continue to deliver an outstanding standard of care. The place of work will be in two Nurseries in Chepstow and/or in their Nursery in Newport. You must have a clear passion for working with children, an enthusiastic manner, strong interpersonal skills and be a team player. A competitive rate of pay is on offer commensurate with these important roles within this highly regarded independent school.
Responsible to: Nursery Manager
* To provide a high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual care for children within the setting
* To offer support to colleagues and parents
* To work as part of the team to enable the setting to continue to deliver an outstanding standard of care
* To build and maintain strong 'parent as partner' relationships to enable the child to develop and flourish and that their needs are always considered
* To work in accordance with the requirements of the Nursery Manager and in accordance with all Nursery policies and procedures and regulatory bodies including OFSTED/CSSIW and in line with the Children's Act 1989/2004.
* To provide a happy, stimulating, safe, and secure environment where all children are encouraged to meet their potential and where their physical, emotional, and intellectual needs are met.
* To implement all required activities in order to meet children's needs and to provide development opportunities.
* To work as a member of the team and encourage communication throughout the nursery.
* To attend regular staff/room meetings outside of working hours.
* To attend staff training when required, outside of working hours.
* To arrange displays of children's work.
* To settle new children into the setting.
* Laundry/ cleaning duties where required.
* To effectively deliver the EYFS/Foundation Phase ensuring that the individual needs and interest of children in the setting is met (in conjunction with other team members).
* To keep accurate developmental records and carry out daily observations of the children.
* To complete development trackers and learning journals and prepare reports if required for pre-school.
* To liaise with parents to ensure that they are happy with the standard of care and have sufficient knowledge of their child's progress.
* To maintain the cleanliness and maintenance of the playrooms/setting and the equipment to conform to Health and Safety requirements at all times.
* To maintain the confidentiality of the Nursery and the children within your care.
* To supervise students and Nursery Assistants where appropriate.
* To report accidents and to complete risk assessments in line with policies.
* To maintain and exceed the care standards as monitored by OFSTED/CSSIW.
* To keep an accurate register of attendance of children and staff within the setting.
* To ensure the security and safety of other staff and children at all times.
* To ensure that all children are treated fairly and consistently at all times in line with the Equal Opportunities Policies.
* To contribute to the planning of the activities within the setting in line with the requirements of the EYFS/Foundation Phase.
* To be alert to issues of safeguarding children and child protection, ensuring that the welfare and safety of children attending the Nursery is promoted and safeguarded and to report any child safety/protection concerns to the Manager (or deputy) immediately using current safeguarding policies, procedures, and practice.
* Any Non-Qualified Assistants would need to be supervised by a qualified member of staff at all times, until the relevant level of qualification has been reached.