Occupational Health Advisor
£26,300 - £35,200 pro rata
We are looking for a very experienced Occupational Health Advisor to join a leading private company in the Oxfordshire area. Ideally you will from a corporate background who can hit the ground running and will be confident in a fast paced environment.
You will be delivering a wide range of Occupational Health Services to the entire workforce as part of the Company's strategic approach to Health & Wellbeing.
Your role will include;
- Carrying out pre-placement health questionnaires
- Assessing and treating employees who are injured or become ill at work
- Providing counselling and support to workers from a clinical perspective
- Developing health promotion and wellbeing activities as required
- Advising on health and safety issues in conjunction with the Health, Safety and Environment Officer and line managers
- Carrying out risk assessments
- Maintaining and analysing employee health records and statistics
- To undertake vaccinations and flu jabs as and when required
- To undertake appointment administration and keep up to date records and manage the follow-up process for health surveillance and referrals
- Work with the HR Department to proactively manage long term health issues
- Liaise with our external Consultant Occupational Physician in the management of more complex or long term matters that require Doctor and/or Specialist intervention
- You will work as part of a team of health and safety experts to ensure a collective and collaborative approach to staff health and wellbeing
- You will attend periodic workshops with the Williams healthcare practitioners in order to discuss case studies, ensure best possible care provision and contribute to CPD
- The ability to work collaboratively with multiple steak holders
Experience and Qualifications required;
- As a qualified Occupational Health Advisor, you will be expected to keep your nursing skills and knowledge of health and safety legislation up-to-date throughout your career.
- You must also renew your professional registration with the NMC every year.
- Good communication skills
- The ability to relate to people from a variety of backgrounds
- Assertiveness to make sure instructions on health and safety issues are carried out
- The ability to promote health and wellbeing
- Good powers of observation, with the ability to deal with health and safety risks as they arise
- The ability to remain calm and think clearly in an emergency
- Awareness of issues surrounding confidentiality and data protection
- The confidence to use your initiative and make decisions
- The ability to work in a team
- Good organisational and time management skills.
- British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) Certificate in Counselling Skills (Desirable)
- National Examination Board in Occupational Safety and Health (NEBOSH) General Certificate (Desirable)
Staff Development & Training
- Implement the company Health and Wellbeing Strategy which incorporate Health & Safety, Absence Management, Alcohol & Substance misuse polices etc.
For more information and or to apply please call Lydia Robinson on 01489 774207 and or email Lydia.email@example.com