Providing quality, inspiring innovation and delivering value is what we set out to achieve at Priory Healthcare. Enabling our patients with mental health difficulties to receive a truly integrated and holistic approach to their treatment, regardless of complexity or severity, thanks to the knowledge and expertise of our multidisciplinary clinical teams.
Situated within three acres of landscaped grounds, Priory Hospital Chelmsford is an independent hospital that specialises in the treatment and management of adults and adolescents with a range of mental health problems. The hospital offers calming and recovery focused residential treatment for up to 44 service users, as well as day care and outpatient services, including separate facilities for young people.
Our highly experienced multidisciplinary team deliver personalised treatment programmes alongside the use of a range of therapies.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Occupational Therapist to join our dynamic and enthusiastic therapy team. We are looking for someone with experience working with Adolescents both individually and in groups with a range of complex presentations in an inpatient setting.
Applicants will be required to:
• Provide consultation and assistance to the lead psychologist regarding the therapeutic programme on the unit
• Engage the patients on the unit in helpful, therapeutic and meaningful activity.
• Manage and co-ordinate individual treatment plans for occupational therapy and activities
• Provide 1:1 OT assessment and treatment
• Ensure effective and efficient management of more junior staff.
• Develop close working relationships with professional and clinical colleagues ensuring clinical practice is in line with Priory policies and procedures and complies with statutory regulations and quality standards specifically regarding risk assessment.
• Demonstrate a robust ability to work in a high intensity/risk environment
• Provide excellent oral and written communication and possess exceptional organisational skills
BSc (Hons) in Occupational Therapy together with full BAOT membership and HPC registration is required and previous experience would be preferred. However a newly qualified individual with previous work experience may also fulfil the criteria. Experience in working with a specific therapy modality (such as CBT, DBT etc.) would be an advantage
If you are an enthusiastic, authentic and motivated then this could be the exciting and challenging role for you. An interest in and enjoyment of working with Adolescent patients is essential.
From education to hospitals, care homes and secure facilities, the Priory Group of Companies offers individually tailored, multidisciplinary treatment programmes for those with complex educational needs or requiring acute, long-term and respite mental healthcare.
The integrated strength of each service provides a seamless transition for the individual as they progress between higher and lower dependency care and across services. This unique approach ensures that every individual has the opportunity to achieve the best possible outcomes and quality of life with the Priory Group.
As 85% of our services are publicly funded and delivered in partnership with commissioners, our teams work with commissioning bodies across the country to provide transparent pricing models and evidence-based care programmes.
All roles will be subject to a successful disclosure at an appropriate level from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS), Access NI or Disclosure Scotland. We are an equal opportunities employer.