Cygnet Health Care is one of the UK's largest independent providers of mental health care, providing high value integrated services to a wide range of individuals. We aim to offer personalised care to service users with psychological, emotional and addiction problems. For our hospital-based services, this spans medium security all the way to rehabilitation services, with a wide variety of specialist mental health, learning disability and personality disorder services offered at all stages of the pathway.
Cygnet Hospital Woking is a leading psychiatric healthcare provider to the NHS. We are looking to recruit, on a self-employed basis, additional independent psychiatric doctors who are registered with the GMC, to cover the out of hours on-call doctor rota for our 86 bedded adult low secure, CAMHS PICU and locked rehab services.
The on-call and admission services are during the hours of 500 pm and 900 am during the week and for a 24 hour period on the weekends (Saturday 900 am to Sunday 900am and Sunday 900 am to Monday 900 am).
An admission / call out fee is payable to the Doctor, when requested to attend the Hospital to see a patient for any reason. If, whilst on the premises the Doctor is requested to admit another patient, then a further call out fee is payable. If, whilst still on the premises, the Doctor is requested to undertake a review of an existing patient, then an hourly rate (review rate) is payable, irrespective of the number of reviews undertaken.
- To represent Cygnet Hospital Woking in a professional manner when in contact with the service users and other professionals.
- To clerk out of hours admissions and to undertake a review of an existing patient at the request of the Nurse in Charge
- To work together with other members of staff, to maximise effective and efficient delivery of care to patients.
- To promote close teamwork between colleagues and to continually strive to improve the service.
- To be available for meetings and appraisals from time to time as required.
- To regularly update personal clinical skills and knowledge.
- To work within the prescribing formulary taking account of the minimum recommended length of prescribed treatment.
On call payments:
Weekends - £220 per night and £100 call out (max 1 call out per night)
Weekdays - £110 per night and £100 call out (max 1 call out per night)
Bank Holidays - as per weekends.
For further information, please contact Rebecca Slater, Recruitment Administrator, on ( Phone number removed ) .
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs (https://www.safer-jobs.com), a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.