Ophthalmology Scrub Practitioner / Scrub Nurse
Salary: £24,000-£29,000 (£12.31-£14.87 per hour)
Hours: Full Time (37.5 hrs)
Contract Type: Permanent
We are currently looking for an experienced and passionate Ophthalmology Scrub Practitioner / Scrub Nurse to join a fantastic theatre team at a reputable Treatment Centre in Bristol. The centre is bright, modern and welcoming and offers day case and in-patient surgery across the following areas: dental surgery, ear, nose and throat procedures, endoscopy, general surgery, gynaecology, minor orthopaedic surgery, diagnostic imaging, pain management, ophthalmology, and urology. The service enjoys a fab reputation for providing excellent patient care and really believes in putting patents first. The Treatment Centre is in a central location and is easily accessible via public transport links around Bristol.
What you'll be doing:
- As an Ophthalmology Scrub Nurse, you will contribute to the general management of the unit in support of the Theatre Manager.
- As an Ophthalmology Scrub Nurse you will support the management of the ophthalmic specialty team to include equipment, instrumentation and standards within the specialty.
- You will also be expected to act as scrub nurse for other specialties as required.
- As an Ophthalmology Scrub Nurse you will be involved in the assessment of care needs, the development, implementation and evaluation of programmes of care .
- As an Ophthalmology Scrub Nurse you will maintain a safe working environment for staff and patients in the operating theatre suite
What you'll need:
- As an Ophthalmology Scrub Nurse you will have ophthalmology training and substantial ophthalmology experience in the operating environment
- Advanced Scrub Practitioner qualification
- As an Ophthalmology Scrub Nurse you will be an NMC Registered General Nurse Level 1
- Teaching/ mentoring qualification
- Specialist theatre training e.g. ENB 183/176 or equivalent
- Specialist qualification in ophthalmology
- Excellent Induction Plan
- Competitive salary depending on experience
- Stakeholder pension
- Life assurance scheme
- Extensive induction
- Ongoing training and development
- Child care vouchers
- Career progression
- Free uniform
- Paid DBS
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Pay enhancements for bank holidays
- Discounts for various shops and companies
If you would like any more information and/or to apply for this position please email your CV to email@example.com or contact Jessica Osborne on Apply Now >>
This location is commutable from: Bristol, Bath, Chippenham, Bradley Stoke.