Hours: Full Time
Contract Type: Permanent
We are currently looking for a highly motivated, enthusiastic and experienced Ophthalmology Sister to join a fantastic team on the Eye unit at a very reputable private hospital in Kent. The hospital is bright warm and welcoming and set in a beautiful location. They look after a range of clinical services which are delivered in a way that is tailored to meet individual needs as possible. Everyone at the hospital is fully committed to excellence in healthcare and they have a continuous programme of improvement to maintain our extremely high standards. It is easily accessible from public transport links and has an excellent reputation throughout the Kent area. The successful candidates will form part of an expanding team.
What you'll be doing:
- As Ophthalmology Sister you will provide effective professional leadership, expertise, advice and support to the Ophthalmic team and ensure the provision of high quality, patient-focussed approach to care
- As Ophthalmology Sister you will provide management responsibility for providing a cost effective service
- As Ophthalmology Sister you will be accountable for the safe day to day running of the unit.
- As Ophthalmology Sister you will act as a role model and expert practitioner
- As Ophthalmology Sister you will assist in the recruitment and retention of a skilled workforce
- As Ophthalmology Sister you will facilitate the development of all staff within the department
- As Ophthalmology sister you will provide an innovative and progressive attitude to the continual improvement of patient care through research and evidence based practice
- As Ophthalmology sister you will ensure that all activities are carried out within policies procedures and protocols and promote the objectives, vision and values of the Hospital.
What you'll need:
- As Ophthalmology Sister you will have significant Ophthalmology experience with experience of managing a team
- As Ophthalmology Sister you will have a degree in Nursing or equivalent (Diploma may be acceptable with relevant experience)
- As Ophthalmology Sister you will be a registered Nurse (with supporting revalidation evidence)
- You will have ALERT/BLS/ILS & ALS training or a willingness to undertake training
- As Ophthalmology Sister you will have previous experience within a Theatre or multi skilled Ophthalmic role
- You will have a Mentorship/clinical supervision qualification
- Previous experience or knowledge of coaching/managing in a coaching style or willing to undertake training
- 27 days' annual leave entitlement, rising with length of service
- Defined contribution pension scheme and life assurance plan
- A free minibus system with various pick up points in the local area and from nearby rail links.
- In-house training and development facilities
- Enjoyable social events such as the bi-annual fair, Christmas lunches and dinners, prize-giving, trips, quiz nights and raffles
- Opportunity to apply for the Lord Plant Travel Fellowship with up to £3,000 for the successful staff member to travel anywhere globally and learn about healthcare related ideas
- Subsidised food and beverages, and free on-site parking
- Access to a private children's nursery on-site. Click here to visit KB's Day Nursery.
- Investors in People accreditation
For more information and or to apply please call Jessica Osborne on 01489 774202 and or email email@example.com
This location is commutable from: Cranbrook, Sissinghurst, Tenterden, Kent