About The Facility
HCA Healthcare UK is one of the biggest private hospital groups. The Wellington Hospital is the UK's largest independent hospital with over 260 beds and 1000 employees. We have an international reputation for outstanding care in areas of medicine including; neurosurgery, critical care and rehabilitation. We are expanding our current Paediatrics services and inviting a Paediatric Nurse to join our intimate team of specialists at The Platinum Medical Centre, The Wellington Hospital.
The projected salary for this opportunity is £30,000 - £36,000 per annum
Duties & Responsibilities
* To assess, plan, deliver and implement a high standard of nursing care to children and their parents/carers.
* Ensure a smooth operational process and support of managing a Paediatric Consultant lead outpatient clinic.
* Ensure appropriate and timely referral of children in the event of requiring the services of internal / external agencies, including social services and child protection advisors.
* Checking of emergency equipment for paediatric resuscitation and replenishment of expired / used stock.
* Preparing the rooms for the Paediatric Consultants, specific to their requirements for the day.
* Liaising daily with the Consultants and identifying specific needs to enhance the service and assisting with the treatment of the child during the consultation.
* To be responsible for assisting the development and promotion of evidence based practice within the clinical area - Guided by the CNS for Paediatrics.
* Be involved in the implementation of advancements in children's service and the expansion within the facility.
Skills & Experience
* NMC Level 1 post registration experience, one in Paediatrics.
* Post basic qualification in clinical specialty of Paediatrics.
* Experience working within Paediatrics.
* Recognise signs and symptom of a deteriorating child and alert to appropriate professional for help
* Good organisational skills with the ability to flexibly respond to the needs of the service and the hospital.