Part Time Consultant Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist
Southwick Park School, Tewkesbury, GL20 7DG
£115,000 - £120,000 pro rata
The Cambian Group, the UK’s largest provider of specialist services in education, mental health rehabilitation and learning disabilities, is looking for a dedicated, caring individual to join the company as a Consultant Psychiatrist.
We offer excellent training and career progression opportunities as well as a variety of staff benefits.
This is a Part Time posision (05) FTE (25 days)
The post holder will work for Cambian Education Services as a Consultant Psychiatrist providing psychiatric input for the students as needed.
Our Cambian Education Services are improving the educational outcomes of children and young adults. Our schools provide support to children with Autism, Asperger's Syndrome, severe learning disabilities, challenging behaviour and complex needs. Our Cambian Education Services support students from the age of 7. Our education and transition pathway services range from specialist primary schools, specialist secondary schools and specialist further education services that help young adults with learning disabilities.
Southwick Park School
Southwick Park School is a residential school for young people aged 7 - 19 which helps students to achieve their full potential by challenging the limitations of their autism.
We also offer post-19 provision and adult residential services. Admission to our service can take place anytime.
66 weeks annual leave
Employee discount scheme
Cycle to work scheme
Employee assistance programme
Career progression and
CPD Monthly Supervision
Internal/external training on new initiatives
Meals during working day
Enhanced maternity pay
This role is based in the Dorset area covering three schools. Cambian Purbeck View School, The Forum School and Grateley School. This is a fixed term contract covering Maternity leave for 6 months.
- Undertake clinical audits.
Contribute to systems of data collation to evidence service delivery.
- Be involved in training of staff
- Contribute to Clinical Governance meetings.
- Such additional or other duties as Cambian Clinical Services may , from time to time, require you to undertake to meet the needs of the Cambian Group.
- Conduct a Psychiatric Clinic in each School that they are responsible for and to review students mental state and medication.
- Provide psychiatric support to the Clinical Team based in the Schools.
- Completion of necessary reports as needed for reviews of Students.
- Provide an opinion on the psychiatric support that can be provided for a potential admission (if requested by the School head)
- Liaison with Paediatricians and GPs, parents, any other external agencies, Education and care staff involved in students’ care.
- Initiation of Medication Plans using good medical practice guidelines and making arrangements for timely reviews.
- Working with the rest of the multi-disciplinary team supporting the therapy plans for the students.
- Maintenance and monitoring of standards of care in line with Cambian principles and vision statement and the guidelines set out by the GMC and the Royal College of Psychiatrists.
Liaise with all members of the MDT, GPs, relatives and other professional agencies.
The post holder will need to develop a comprehensive range of working relationships and communication channels with the following:
Training & Development
- One day per month will be dedicated to a range of academic activities including the evidence-based practice club, case conferences and both internal and external lectures. Protected time will be facilitated for dedicated session for clinical service development, education, research, audit and supervision during the week.
- Participation in Continued Professional Development in order to keep abreast of current best practice and be aware of important developments within the field of medicine.
- The post holder will be supervised by the Lead CAMHS psychiatrist and Medical Director to ensure annual appraisal of performance is undertaken which includes training needs analysis and personal development plan.
- The post will include on call responsibilities.
- To demonstrate non-discriminatory practice in all aspects of work.
- Maintain and improve professional knowledge and competence in line with recommendations from the Royal College of Psychiatrists and the GMC.
- Ensure the security of the School is maintained at all times.
- Adhere to all Group policies and procedures, and protocols within the defined timescales, Ofsted and Care Quality Commission standards and guidelines, Department of Health guidelines and legislation, including the Mental Health Act and Code of Practice.
- To be flexible and understanding the changing needs of a dynamic organization and as a Consultant take a positive role in contributing to change management
- Good knowledge of the Mental Health Act 1983 and code of practice.
- Ability to interview, assess and treat patients and write clear comprehensive medical notes.
- Ability to work within a Multi Disciplinary Teams
- Ability to manage crisis and act independently within limits of competence.
- Proven record of Continued Professional Development
- Knowledge of the Mental Capacity Act 2005
- Knowledge of the Children’s Act
- Full General Medical Council registration
- Approval under section 12 of the Mental Health Act
- Membership of Royal College of Psychiatrists, Physicians, General Practitioners or equivalent.
Experience working in Psychiatry
Experience of working in CAMHS
Full driving licence and ability to be mobile with access to a car.
Please click Apply to proceed
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs (https://www.safer-jobs.com), a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.