We are looking for a Patient Administrator to join our team of Bank staff here at Spire Harpenden. The person appointed will provide full administrative support for outpatients, consultants and visitors in an efficient and friendly way. He/she will be expected to provide a high level of customer care and service and be able to provide support cover for other staff within the patient bookings department.
- Make patient appointments, cancel, up-date and re-schedule as necessary.
- Process all outpatient bookings ensuring accurate patient information is recorded at all times.
- Answer telephones in a timely, professional, efficient and polite manner.
- Liaise with consultants and their secretaries.
- Book physiotherapy appointments and make up new patient files as required.
- Provide reception support for outpatients and physiotherapy.
- Register patients onto computer system and collect all relevant data – including credit cards.
- Pre-verify insured patients medical cover (as required).
- Train colleagues in areas of special expertise and undertake training to acquire skills and knowledge as necessary.
- Deal with all queries from patients in an efficient manner.
- Maintain all filing systems in an efficient and correct order.
- Carry out all duties in accordance with Health and Safety Work Act, and Spire Healthcare policies and procedures.
- Undertake any other appropriate duties, which may be delegated by the Outpatient Team Leader or Administration Manager.
Working hours: As required
Essential qualifications and experience required:
Good interpersonal, organisational and verbal skills.
Initiative, attention to detail.
Spire Healthcare’s mission is to bring together the best people who are dedicated to developing excellent clinical environments and delivering the highest quality patient care. We constantly invest in our people, facilities and equipment to ensure our patients receive a high standard of care.