£21,000 - £21450 (based on full time)
Full Time or Part Time
We are looking for an experienced Pharmacy Technician, to join an established pharmacy team in West Yorkshire. It is essential that you are a motivated and hardworking team player with experience working within a hospital environment.
- Organising purchasing in line with company contracts, providing best value for the department
Unpacking and correct storage of deliveries
- Maintaining correct pricing information and dealing with invoice queries when appropriate
- Ordering goods when necessary - including all hospital fluids, containers, labels and dispensing bags
- Good housekeeping in pharmacy including dealing with returns, out of date stock and managing correct disposal of pharmaceuticals
- Doing ward and theatre top ups according to the pharmacy work plan and supply stock as needed
- Advising on maintaining good storage of medicine stocks at pharmacy and departmental level and liaising with relevant nursing/clinical services staff
- Pre-packing of stock when necessary.
- Entering details onto the computer system associated with the above activities.
- Filing of paperwork on a monthly basis.
- Assisting in dispensing In-Patient and Out-Patient prescriptions - under supervision of a Pharmacist.
- Assisting in stock-takes
- Post-discharge review of patient charts and charging when necessary
- Any other duties deemed necessary by the pharmacy manager
- All activities to be carried out in accordance with the appropriate written procedures
Experience and Qualifications required:
- NVQ3 or BTEC in Pharmaceutical sciences or recognised equivalent
- Experience in hospital pharmacy
On top of your salary you will receive; continuous training, support and reward, bonus opportunity as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes contributory pension scheme, life assurance, private medical cover, wellness screening, eyesight tests, childcare vouchers, cycle to work gym membership, transport season ticket loans and a motivating workplace environment.
For more information and or to apply please call Lydia Robinson on 01489 774207 and or email Lydia.email@example.com