BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in hospitals throughout the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s Lincoln Hospital has a vacancy for a Physiotherapist (Bank) to join their team of staff in the Physiotherapy Department.
This is a bank role working on an “as and when required” basis, you will be required to supplement staffing levels during busy periods and provide cover for existing staff in times of annual leave or absence.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Good organisational and planning skills, including risk management
- Results driven, possessing a proven track record of delivering against targets
- Able to make judgements involving complex facts or situations which require the analysis, interpretation and comparison of a range of options
- Strong interpersonal skills:
- Able to communicate clearly with a range of people at differing levels across the hospital, deploying a range of techniques to do this effectively
- Able to work alone autonomously or part of a MDT team with previous experience of lone working.
- Must be a Chartered Physiotherapist and a member of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy (CSP)
- Must be Registered with the Health Professions Council (HPC)
- Post graduate experience of in and out patient working
- Able to demonstrate Continuous Professional Development in previous roles
- Evidence of ability to prescribe exercise and experience of one on one and group exercise work preferred
- Able to demonstrate previous experience of teaching, managing lower grade staff and supervising students
- Knowledge of CSP and HPC Codes and guidelines and their implications for practice
- Evidence of wide experience base in a number of physiotherapy speciality areas preferred.
- Able to demonstrate critical appraisal and awareness of research related clinical developments in MSK and orthopaedic fields.
- Evidence of previous service development experience.
- Knowledge of Quality Assurance tools
- Knowledge of the Care Standards Act and Care and Quality Commission Requirements
Duties of this role include:
- To provide physiotherapy assessment and treatment to the highest standard
- Provide physiotherapy assessment and treatment for Outpatients and Inpatients participating in these patients’ pre-admission and follow-up care as appropriate
- To have a wide understanding of management and rehabilitation of post-operative upper and lower limb and spinal pathology.
- To demonstrate excellent MDT working and liaison with other Hospital teams in both in and outpatient settings.
- To be able to provide first class treatment and rehabilitation for a wide variety of acute and chronic musculoskeletal (MSK) pathologies.
- To be able to run post-operative exercise classes for patients with varying conditions
- To provide excellent customer service and promote a professional and caring environment
- To provide excellent documentation standards complying with CSP and BMI requirements.
- To ensure compliance with appropriate regulatory and best practice frameworks
- To participate in In-service training and development opportunities in-house and in the local community as required.
- To work as part of the dynamic physiotherapy team supporting junior and senior members to effectively run the hospital physiotherapy service.
- To take an active role in supporting the implementation of national developments locally
- To work on and offsite to provide care to local patients and satellite physiotherapy sites
- To ensure the department maintains BMI Physiotherapy accreditation
- To participate in on call and weekend rota and work flexibly as required from the needs of the business.
- Manage a diverse in and outpatient clinical caseload
- To work as part of the multiprofeessional team to deliver excellence in healthcare through the hospital settings.
- To support peers and develop the department working within the needs of the business
- To work as an autonomous highly professional physiotherapist ensuring highest standards of care are maintained.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive hourly rate.
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs (https://www.safer-jobs.com), a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.