We have an opportunity for a Porter to join our team at Clare Park. We are looking for an individual with excellent communication skills who has the ability to put quality patient care at the forefront.
The primary responsibility is to provide a high quality portering service to assist the Hospital in meeting its business and care objectives, using excellent social skills and a positive approach to customer care at all times.
The role also requires assisting the Stores Manager to ensure a full and proper stores function is available at all times
General Responsibilities will include
- Collect and return patients to designated collection places maintaining absolute confidentiality at all times.
- Carry out security checks, ensuring the premises are secure before finishing evening shift.
- To have a full understanding of Health & Safety/COSHH regulations and policy.
- Control of general, clinical and other designated waste in line with corporate and hospital policy.
- Distribute incoming mail as required across the hospital
- Check medical gas supplies, change cylinders as required and put cylinders away on delivery.
Ideally the successful candidate will have
- Experience in a customer facing environment/role with a good understanding of/commitment to excellent customer service standards.
- Excellent communication and social skills and an open, friendly nature
- Experience working unsupervised and on own initiative, prioritising tasks as required
- A positive and flexible approach to customer service
- Willing and able to complete mandatory training for COSSH, Manual Handling, Infection Control and Health & Safety in-house.
- Empathy with vulnerable and sick patients
- Able to lift heavy items and manoeuvre patients on beds/in wheelchairs.
- Good computer skills.
Informal visits to the hospital are actively encouraged so please contact Sam Beach at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 01252 850216 to arrange.
Spire Healthcare’s mission is to bring together the best people who are dedicated to developing excellent clinical environments and delivering the highest quality patient care. We constantly invest in our people, facilities and equipment to ensure our patients receive a high standard of care.