Partnerships in Care is one of the UK’s leading providers of independent specialist secure and step-down care across the UK.
With hospitals around the country, 30 years of experience in our sector and highly skilled and experienced teams, we help patients and commissioners find the right care pathways without the need for multiple reassessments.
Bromley Road Hospital is looking for a Practice Nurse to provide general nursing services to the patient population by assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of care. The ideal candidate will assist in the development of practice protocols for the hospital and clinical protocols for the clinical team.
Our Practice Nurse role involves:
- Assessing, planning, providing and evaluating physical nursing care to meet the care needs of individuals in the practice population
- Providing access to specialist nurses/GPs who have an SLA with the hospital
- Undertaking health screening, surveillance, health promotion, and immunisation
- Blood taking for Clozapine (CPMS) monitoring and other investigations
- ECG monitoring for all patients and repeat monitoring for those on high dosage antipsychotic medication in accord with NICE guidelines
- Wound management
- Vaccinations and immunisations, administering injections, ensuring safe storage, keeping records
- Infection Control - supporting patients and colleagues in adopting sound infection control measures and being a member of the Infection, Prevention & Control group
- Emergency Management – checking all emergency equipment and drugs regularly, and ensuring records are up to date
- Health Promotion - proactively developing and maintaining health promotion material within the hospital
- Providing support to patients in changing behaviours/habits, e,g., diet, exercise, alcohol, smoking cessation
- Maintaining patient confidentiality
- Attending and participating in hospital governance meetings
- Engaging and facilitating audits of physical health related issues where appropriate
To be successful as Practice Nurse, you’ll need:
- Registered general nurse with significant post registration experience
- Extensive clinical experience in primary/secondary Care
- Ability to maintain and monitor high standards of care
- Ability to direct and co-ordinate programmes of care working autonomously and collaboratively
- Understanding of the roles, values, procedures and standards of the hospital
- Effective organisational skills
- Evidence of experience in embracing and implementing change to provide high quality health outcomes
- The ability to work in a changing, demanding and stressful situation
- Communication skills, both verbal and written
- IT systems skills
- Friendly and approachable
- Good presentation of self, enthusiastic, innovative and flexible
- Self-motivated, positive and committed
- Continue education by attending courses/study days as deemed useful for professional development
- Must keep abreast of changes and progress in nursing care.
- Have ability to work on own initiative, acknowledging limitations and recognising when referral is needed.
- Maintain accurate, comprehensive records of all consultations and treatment
All positions within Partnerships in Care (PiC) are subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. Unless specifically commissioned in advance PiC will not consider Applications submitted by or through agencies.
PiC is an equal opportunities employer.
Please read the job description and person specification carefully and ensure that you demonstrate the knowledge, skills and experience required to carry out the role.
Any personal information you provide will be treated in the strictest confidence and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
We aim to write to all applicants informing them of the outcome of their application, but if we have not contacted you after four weeks from the closing date please assume your application was unsuccessful.
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs (https://www.safer-jobs.com), a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.