We are currently looking for a Pre-assessment Nurse to join our multidisciplinary team within We are currently looking for a Pre-assessment Nurse to join our multidisciplinary team within Outpatients at Emersons Green NHS Treatment Centre in Bristol.
We only treat NHS patients and we're focused on providing the best possible, personalised care to the people of Bristol, Bath, North and North East Somerset, and South Gloucestershire, as well as to the wider community, including Gloucestershire and Wiltshire. We believe in treating you as quickly as possible – helping you to get better, faster.
We offer day case and in-patient surgery across the following areas: dental surgery, ear, nose and throat procedures, endoscopy, general surgery, gynaecology, minor orthopaedic surgery, diagnostic imaging, pain management, ophthalmology, and urology.
Outpatient, Endoscopy and PEC Manager
You will function as a clinical practitioner within the Outpatient and Pre-assessment Service and will be responsible for the delivery of patient care, managing and organising a work load on a daily basis.
In addition you will work with all members of the multi professional team practising and maintaining a high standard of clinical care and participating in all activities of the department to enhance the patients experience and ensuring safety for patients, visitors and staff.
Key duties will include:
• Collaborating with the medical staff to ensure that the patient is medically cleared for surgery thereby reducing the number of patient cancellations
• Conducting a comprehensive preoperative patient education session to ensure that planned inpatients receive adequate education regarding their surgical procedure, preparation for their stay and rehabilitation expectations
• Taking responsibility for maintaining accurate, timely and complete records ensuring the safety and confidentiality of information
Skills & Experience
This role would suit an RN who has experience of telephone assessment of patients or practice nurse.
To be successful in this role you will have:
• Recent experience at Band 5 level or equivalent in an acute surgical setting
• Experience in a pre-assessment/outpatient setting
• The ability to teach/train/ develop Health Care Assistants
• Familiarity with Safety and Infection control policy and procedures
• NMC Registered General Nurse Part 1
• Basic/ Intermediate Life Support Skills
• ECG and Venepuncture training
Please note that offers of employment are subject to receipt of satisfactory references and a DBS check.
At Care UK, we actively promote diversity and equal opportunities.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see applying from overseas.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs (https://www.safer-jobs.com), a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.