We are looking for an experienced Property Manager with exceptional customer service skills to pro-actively support the Property Director & Team to enable them to develop and deliver the Companies business strategies. You will lead a team of Maintenance staff within the Middlesborough, Newcastle, Sunderland and surrounding areas to achieve exceptional results, driving performance and instilling high standards of conduct so your staff are ambassadors for the organisation. An excellent leader, you will manage, coach and motivate both your team and external contractors, ensuring that all work completed meets health and safety requirements & company standards.
What's the role?
- A key operational role with responsibility for all property activities within their multisite portfolio. With a direct customer interface and regular visits to buildings.
- Support, guide and advise all Maintenance Operatives to ensure a customer focused, high performing team
- Respond to both inbound and outbound telephone queries and email correspondence within an agreed service level
- Manage all required reports & resulting actions including staff performance, outstanding works, Health & Safety, Fire Risk, Asbestos Management, Legionella Risk, Statutory Compliance and Environment Review
- Be responsible for the authorisation and accountability for any 3rd party contractor spend ensuring 'value for money' for the company & that such spend is within the guidelines set out by the Senior Management Team & the Property Director.
- Follow up and resolve to a satisfactory conclusion any issues arising from queries
- To deal with complaints in a professional manner, ensuring they are effectively logged, and resolved to the satisfaction of all relevant parties, within set timescales.
Boxes to tick
- Experience of managing a field based maintenance team
- Working knowledge of property management processes and regulatory requirements
- Interpersonal, relationship-building and networking skills
- Procurement and negotiation skills
- An ability to respond positively to working within a pressurised environment & encourage others to do the same
- High standard of personal motivation & effective time management skills, in order to prioritise workloads & work smartly
- Competent IT skills
- The successful candidate will be a lateral thinker, able to multi task and apply acute attention to detail at all times.
- Effective communication skills, written and verbal
- Ability to write clear and concise reports
- Ability to collate, analyse and interpret complex information to provide insight & possible improvement areas
- A practical, flexible and innovative approach to work.
What's in it for you?
A competitive salary, life assurance, employee benefit scheme, and a workplace pension.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of an expanding business within an ambitious and motivated team.